- Prism V2.2 Posted to Codeplex – Bob Brum announces the release of Prism 2.2 as an official release on CodePlex. Prism is the codename for the Composite Application Guidance for WPF and Silverlight, offering support and guidance about building UIs for these two frameworks simultaneously.
- Introducing AgUnit: Silverlight Unit Testing With Resharper – Davy Brion highlights the work by one of his coworkers who has created AgUnit, a Silverlight Unit Test Runner for ReSharper which allows you to run your unit tests in the actual Silverlight runtime.
- Getting Visual Studio to Get GIT – Greg Duncan points to a useful Visual Studio addin which brings an understanding of the Git Distributed Version Control system to Visual Studio, allowing you to see the version control status of the files in your solutions
- StatLight V1.0 & V1.1 Released (Silverlight Testing Automation Tool) – Jason Jarrett announces the release of Versions 1.0 and subsequently 1.1 of StatLight, his Silverlight testing automation tool which aims to make it easier to test Silverlight in a TDD / BDD style by providing easy integration of setup and execution of tests
- LLBLGen Pro v3.0 has been released! – Frans Bouma announces the relaese of LLBLGen 3.0, his Object Relational Mapper technology. The V3 release includes a new designer experience for .NET 3.5 and higher along with entity framework, NHibernate and Linq to SQL support
- Announcing Pricing for the Windows Azure CDN – The Windows Azure Team announce the pricing structures for the use of the Windows Azure Content Delivery Network. The Azure CNFD is already used by Microsoft for things like Windows Update, and now you can make use of it for your own applications.
- Fault Contract support in WSCF.blue – Alex Meyer-Gleaves talks about the new release of WSCF.blue, the WCF version of Web Services Contract First, and the new addition of Fault Contract Support he has added to the latest release.
- Code Rush Vs. ReSharper – Jesse Liberty shares his thoughts on the differences between the two leaders in the .NET Refactoring and IDE Enhancement tools stakes.
- Writing the tests for FluentPath – Bertrand Le Roy talks about some of the difficulties he faced while creating the tests for his FluentPath System.IO API wrapper
- Running TeamCity from Amazon EC2 – Cloud based scalable build and continuous Integration – Roy Osherove blogs the process of setting up TeamCity on an Amazon EC2 instance to provide a cloud based Continuous Integration Environment
- Sometimes an enum is not the best idea – Peter van Ooijen talks about some of the (often forgotten) downsides to the use of Enums, and some of the confusion they can cause.
- Model Based Apps and Frameworks – Chad Myers discusses Model Based Frameworks as a design concept for Framework development, looking at how they differ from direct configuration based frameworks, and discussing the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
- A Coverage Metric That Matters – Michael Feathers discusses the issue of Code Coverage for tests, and discusses what may be a better metric for brown fields ‘legacy’ projects which don’t have many existing tests.
- RavenDB – What’s the difference? – Rob Ashton kicks off a new series of posts looking at the key differences between RavenDB and some of the other Document Database implementations such as CouchDB and MongoDB.
- patterns & practices Security Guidance Roundup – J.D. Meier shares a round up of all the Security related content from the Patterns and Practices Team, a huge collection of books, checklists, how-to’s and articles addressing all aspects of software security.
- Porting MVC Music Store to Raven: Porting the checkout process , StoreManagerController & StoreManagerController, part 2 – Ayende continues his series looking at porting the ASP.NET MVC Music Store tutorial application over to using his RavenDB document database. These three posts look at the implementations of the checkout and backend administrative sections.
- Raven & Event Sourcing – Ayende also talks a little about using RavenDB to store events streams, and looks at using aggregations against the event stream to keep stored totals correct as events flow through the system
- NoSQL with RavenDB and ASP.NET MVC – Part 2 – Shiju Varghese continues looking at RavenDB with ASP.NET MVC, with this second part looking at some more serious use with the implementation of some domain entities, Repositories and their use in Controllers and Actions.
- ASP.NET MVC: MVC Time Planner is available at CodePlex – Gunnar Peipman release the sourcecode for his Time Planner application written in ASP.NET MVC and using jQueryUI for some of its User interface.
- C#: Using a dictionary instead of if statements – Mark Needham shares a good use of a dictionary containing a mapping of a key to a function behaviour which can help to eliminate unsightly switch and if statements.
- WatiN screenshot saver – Brian Schroer shares an custom implementation of a screen capture helper class for use with WatiN which will allow you to caputre different screenshots of your tests in operation.
- Observable Collections – Steve Wellens takes a look at the Observable Collection implementation included in the .NET Framework since the .NET 3.0 release, showing a simple example of it in use.
- Brighton ALT.NET Beers. 7pm Tuesday 1st June at The Skiff – Mike Hadlow is hosting the Alt.Net Brighton Beers event once again tonight at The Skiff in Brighton.
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET: Recording of J. Chris Anderson on CouchDB @ E-VAN 26 May 2010 – The recording of the presentation by J. Chris Anderson looking at CouchDB is now available on Vimeo, and the document database topic will be furthered in next weeks event European VAN on MongoDB where Michael Dirolf will be looking at MongoDB at 7pm GMT on Monday 7th June.
- Is there some new ‘testing’; stuff in VS2010? Yep! Tons! And here’s a free webcast to show you all about it… – Greg Duncan highlights a Testing Experience Webinar to be held on 15th June 9:30 – 10:30 AM PST. This session will give a high level overview of the new testing features of Visual Studio 2010 editions
- DevDays 2010 Slides, Demos and Videos – News from the South Africa Developer and Platform Group – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – The South Africa Developer and Platform Group shares the slides and information from their DevDays event held this past week, with video of the sessions due soon.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #611