Looking forward to tomorrow’s Guathon event in Manchester. If you see me there, please come over and say ‘Hi’.
- MVVM Light Toolkit Messenger V2 beta – Laurent Bugnion announces the first beta of version 2 of his Model View – View Model toolkit, with its significant new feature of Messenger which makes sending and receiving messages much easier
- MVC Turbine – Javier G. Lozano shares his MVC Turbine project which makes it easier to implement IOC within ASP.NET MVC projects, complete wtih an updated default project template to further speed up the process.
- Html Encoding Code Blocks With ASP.NET 4 – Phil Haack highlights a new feature of ASP.NET 4.0 which makes it much easier to output information into the page in a safe manner, with the correct HTML Encoding.
- Understanding T4: Preprocessed Text Templates – Oleg Sych digs into some of the details of how T4 Templates work, and looks at the pre-processed text template functionality
- Linq to NHibernate Progress Report – Steve Strong gives another update on the progress he has been making with the full Linq-to-NHibernate implementation he has been working on.
- Two Components for your Toolbox – Aaron Lerch shares interface definitions and default implementations for two items which he will always include in desktop applications, one for dealing with accessing the UI thread, the other for running commands asynchronously
- The Duct Tape Programmer – Joel Spolsky’s recent Joel on Software post about the idea of making something work, not making something elegant has provoked a number of interesting responses from the community:
- Service Orientation Today and Tomorrow – Jason Hogg highlights the latest edition of the Microsoft Architects Journal, focusing this edition on Service Orientation
- How to Refactor like a Something star – Sarah Taraporewalla shares some good advice on how to go about refactoring code
- Branching for Mono 2.6 – Miguel de Icaza gives a quick update on Mono, and highlights that Mono 2.6 will be the last version to support mscorlib 1.1
- Generically Constraining F# – Part II – Matthew Podwysocki continues looking at generic constraints in F# with a look at a number of the constraints supported in F#, including Type, Null, Constructor and delegate constraints
- Playing with JQuery Validation library – Chris Brandsma takes a look at the jQuery Validation Library and shows how you can get up and running with it quite easily
- Development and Build Environments – Jeremy Jameson talks about the types and number of environments needed when developing software, looking at local developer environment, Test environment and production environment as the basics, with additional of the Development Integration Environment
- How Are Methods Compiled Just-In-Time and Only Then? – Sasha Goldshtein takes a look at how Just In Time compilation works for method calls
- Pondering Axum + F# – Matthew Podwysocki talks more about Axum and how it relates to F# and poses the question, would it be better if Axum and F# were merged rather than keeping Axum as a separate language