- Visual Studio 2010 Beta1 with F# is now available, plus matching F# CTP Update for VS2008 – Don Syme talks about the F# included in Visual Studio 2010, and also about the release of a CTP for VS2008 users
- IronPython 2.6 Beta 1 – Harry Pierson announces the release of IronPython 2.6 Beta 1, with the major new features that you can now call into unmanaged DLLs from IronPython, and the ability to explore the callstack from code.
- FireAtlas – Firebug for ASP.NET Ajax – Joe Stagner highlights a tool from Laurent Chesnais which brings added support for seening what is going on in ASP.NET Ajax from the browser using Firebug.
- Released: CodeIt.Right version 1.6.09139 – now fully compatible with VS2010 Beta 1! – SubMain announce the latest release of their CodeIt.Right product, which now supports Vs2003 through to VS2010 Beta 1
- Two free e-books available in May – Microsoft Press continues their 25 year celebrations with another 2 free e-books, this time the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit and The Practical Guide to Defect Prevention
- Indian MVP Releases Free SQL Server Ebook! – Jacob Sebastian has published a free E-Book on SQL Server and usig XSD for powing XML Schema Collections
- A First Look at Moq – Brett Schuchert’s latest role has involved a different testing and mocking setup from his previous roles, which has lead to him taking a look at the Moq mocking framework.
- Announcing Pablo’s E-Books! Book #1: Pablo’s SOLID Software Development – Derick Bailey announces the release of Los Techies first E-Book – titled ‘Pablo’s SOLID Software Development’ it explores the SOLID principles which were the topic of the month for March on Los Techies.
- Back to Basics: Using Fusion Log Viewer to Debug Obscure Loader Errors – Scott Hanselman continues his Back To Basics series with a look at how you can debug loading issues with .NET assemblies.
- Art Of Unit Testing (The Samurai Book) – Get it now, it’s done. – Roy Osherove announces the release of his book – ‘The Art of Unit Testing’ – Chapters 1,2 and 3 are freely available, with the e-book available to purchase now. Printed copies will be available, but are currently still pre-order (with a price that reflects)
- The state of Open Source in the .NET ecosystem: A five year summary – Ayende reflects back on his 5 years of Open Source on the .NET platform experience, suggesting that things have come a long way and are looking promising, but we still have a way to go.
- Program to an interface, not an implementation – Mark Jensen explores one of the fundemental OO principles, that of programming to an interface rather than an implementation.
Visual Studio 2010 & .NET 4
- Samples for Parallel Programming with the .NET Framework 4 – ‘toub’ highlights the availability of some sample code for the new Parallel features of .NET 4.0
- Parallel Stacks – another new VS2010 debugger window – Daniel Moth gives us a tour of one of the new debugging features of VS2010 which allows you to visualise the call stack of your threaded/parallel code.
- IronPython 2.6 CTP for .NET 4.0 Beta 1 – Harry Pierson talska bout the IronPython CTP which is included in the Visual Studio 2010 / .NET 4 beta 1 release, and how this is equivalent to the Alpha 1 release (not to be confused with the beta 1 release mentioned in the software section)
- C# 4 and the dynamic keyword – Whirlwind Tour around .NET 4 (and Visual Studio 2010) Beta 1 – Scott Hanselman continues his series of posts exploring the .NET 4 and VS2010 Beta 1 release, this time looking at the how and why of the dynamic keyword
- A little VS2010/.Net 4 Training Kit with your Beta 1? – Greg Duncan highlights the May Preview of the Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 Training kit from Microsoft, a great way to get some training in on the new releases.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #352