- Introducing Html Utilities for Silverlight – Brian Genisio announces HTML Utilities for Silverlight, a library which in this version aims to improve the testability of some of the Silverlight HTML functionality.
- New Codeplex Tool – SQL Blocked Process Monitor – Jonathan Kehayias shares a tool to help monitor blocking processes in SQL 2005/2008. Shame there is no Sql2000 support as I could really do with a tool that does this for some work I’m doing at the moment.
- Validation – Part 1 – Getting Started – Karl Seguin starts a series on validation, looking at rolling his own solution from start to finish and blogging about the progress. Part 2, looking at Client side validation is also available
- LINQ-To-Everywhere – List of LINQ Providers – ‘knom’ shares a list of Linq-to-* implementations for a wide range of products and services.
- IRouteHandler in ASP.NET MVC – Keyvan Nayyeri continues his series of more detailed posts based on a list from Simone Chiaretta. In this post Keyvan examines the IRouteHandler and lookst at how MVC can be extended from here.
- NHibernate Futures – Ayende gives an introduction to the Futures functionality of NHiberate 2.1, showing how it can be used to enhance performance
- Unlambda .NET- With a Big Dose of C# 3.0 Lambdas – Bart De Smet talks about the creation of an Unlambda Interpreter in C#. Lots of complicated stuff in this article, one to read slowly – and still not understand fully 😉
- Poco, Mef, and custom type systems. Are you ready to take the red pill? – Glenn Block shows how it is possible to use the Managed Extensibility Framework with POCO (Plain Old CLR Objects) and no attributes by building a custom type system.
- Lock Pages In Memory in SQL Server Standard Edition – WesleyB highlights a new feature which will be added to SQL Server 2005 and 2008 by way of Service Pack and Cumulative Update which will allow you to lock certain pages in memory preventing them being swapped out.
- Next European VAN on 06 May 2009 – Jan Van Ryswyck announces the next European accessible Timezone Virtual Alt.Net Event, which will include a presentation on Front Controller style MVC
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #336