As many of you will be aware, this weekend is the Easter Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, meaning that Friday and Monday are public holidays. In keeping with Morning Brew Tradition (and my like for the occasional lie-in in the morning) there will be no edition of the Morning Brew on Friday or Monday, with the Brew returning on Tuesday with what usually ends up being one of the biggest posts of the year.
- ReSharper 4.5 Released! – JetBrains announce the final release of ReSharper 4.5, a free upgrade for any users on V4.x which offers a vast number of performance improvements and feature enhancements
- NUnit 2.5 Beta 3 Release – Version 18.104.22.16896 – The NUnit Team announce the release of their 3rd (and most likely final) beta release of V2.5. This release moves the test runner to a pure .NET 2.0 application, along with a number of framework enhancements
- NCover v3.0.20 released! – The NCover team announce the release of v3.0.20 of their NCover code coverage tool, with support for multiple reports to be generated, improvements in memory consumption and some new samples, along with a few bugfixes
- Your very first NHibernate application – Part 1 – Gabriel Schenker starts a series of articles for DotNetSlackers on building an application with NHibernate and Fluent NHibernate. In this part he looks at the project set up and starts looking at some base classes and begins the mapping process
- NHibernate Mapping – <component/> – Ayende continues his series on the various parts of the NHibernate mapping file with a look at the Component mapping which is analogous with value objects in Domain Driven Design techniques, and continues with NHibernate Mapping -<many-to-one/> – exploring the options for mapping entities into properties on an object
- 13 ASP.NET MVC extensibility points you have to know – Simone Chiaretta highlights 13 extension points within the ASP.NET MVC Framework which allow you to extend the framework. Simone also shares some information on upgrading to the ASP.NET MVC RTM release
- ASP.NET MVC Controls and Good versus Evil – K. Scott Allen starts a discussion on the use of Controls in ASP.NET MVC projects
- Test-After Development is not Test-Driven Development – Stephen Walther discusses the differences between Test First Test Driven Development and the more common Test After Development, exploring why the latter isn’t Test Driven Development
- F# and the PFX Round 1 – Chris Smith looks at using F# and the Parallel Extensions to the .NET Framework to solve the computationally expensive problem of identifying the shortest route between two places.
- How A .NET Developer Learned Ruby And Rake, To Build .NET Apps In Windows – Derick Bailey looks at using Ruby and Rake to build his .NET applications on Windows in this step by step guide
- Next European VAN on 14 April 2009 – Jan Van Ryswyck announces the date for the next European timezone friendly Virtual Alt.Net Meeting, to be held on Tuesday 14th April, at 1900GMT