- SQL Server 2008 SP1 and Report Builder Update – Robert Bruckner highlights the release of Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008, which rolls up Cumulative Updates 1,2 and 3 with a few more fixes, and the April update to the Feature Pack which includes an updated ReportBuilder 2.0
- MEF preview 5 released – Wes, of the Managed Extensibility Framework Team announces the release of Preview 5 of MEF including a range of new features, improvements and the odd breaking change
- Announcing Velocity CTP3 ! – The Velocity Team announce their 3rd Community Technology Preview of Velocity the .NET distributed cache from Microsoft. With performance, security and installation improvements along with revised APIs and some new features this looks to be an interesting release.
- NHibernate Mapping – <property/> – Ayende starts a series of posts exploring some of the building blocks of NHibernate Mappings. In this post he looks at the property mapping
- The Free Office WPF Ribbon | Elegant Code – ‘blagunas’ highlights how you can license the WPF Ribbon UI from Microsoft for use in your applications, and takes a look at getting started using it.
- Coding: Passing booleans into methods – Mark Needham talks about using boolean parameters to methods to change the flow of code, and how having separate methods for each flow is more expressive.
- Why you should upgrade to .NET 3.5. – Mike Hadlow talks about the many reasons organisations are scared of upgrading .NET versions, and how the .NET 3.5 upgrade is not as scary as the .NET 1.1 to 2.0 upgrade.
- Functional Programming and Collective Intelligence – III – Matthew Podwysocki continues his look at functional programming in Collective Intelligence with a look at making recommendations.
- Kona: Continuous Integration and Better Unit Testing – Rob Conery provides the next instalment in the Kona (formally MVC StoreFront) screen casts, with a look at Unit Testing, source control, Continuous integration, and a whole lot more.
- Setting up a minimal ASP.NET MVC project in Visual Studio, part 3 – Michiel van Oosterhout continues his series on building a basic ASP.NET MVC project from scratch with a look at references, namespaces and compiler settings
- Using complex types to make calling services less… complex – Dave Ward looks at using Complex Types to pass data back and forth from the server using ASP.NET AJAX Services and jQuery
- KiGG is now upgraded to ASP.NET MVC RTM 1.0 – Kazi Manzur Rashid announces the KiGG the .NEt ASP.NET MVC Digg clone has been updated to run against the RTM release of ASP.NET MVC along with adding a few new features.
- Use HttpApplication.CompleteRequest Instead of Response.End – Steve Smith shares a useful tip to help avoid the possible ThreadAbortException that Response.End can cause by using a better alternative.
- TechEd 2009 Party with Palermo RSVP site just launched! – Jeffrey Palermo announces the launch of the accompanying website for his ‘Party with Palermo’ event to be held during TechEd 2009 in Los Angeles. As always this event is free (requiring just 1 business card to get in) and will doubtless be a great way of meeting your fellow conference attendees.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #324