I attended the first meeting of the Manchester SQL Server Usergroup last night, with a good turnout and some interesting techniques discussed things look promising for the future of this event.
- JSONView: JSON browser from within Firefox – Dion Almaer over at Ajaxian highlights a useful looking Firefox add-in for anyone who works with lots (or even a little) JSON data.
- Prism V2 Refreshed – ‘brumfb’ announces the release of an updated Prism V2 (Composite Application Guidance for WPF and Silverlight V2) release on MSDN which fixes a few issues found in the initial release
- The Caliburn Beta is Live – Rob Eisenberg announces the beta release of Caliburn, a WPF and Silverlight application framework which implements a number of common UI patterns (MVP, MVVM, etc)
- How to determine which language(s) were used to build a .NET assembly – Rick Minerich explores assemblies developed in different .NET languages and looks to find a means of identifying the language used from the assembly alone.
- Great UI: Clarity and Color on the Presentation Layer – Mark Miller continues his series on UI design with a look at the use of colour and contrast in your UI design.
- DDD: Why Have I Gone All Quiet? – Casey Charlton explains the reasoning behind the pause in posts on DDD topics, and also announces a new site which will house the content longer term.
- TechnicalDebt – Martin Fowler talks about the concept of Technical Debt looking at the details of the metaphor
- 14 lessons to get you started in C# and .NET – Stefano Mapelli highlights a large C# and .NET E-book which is freely available, covering a good range of topics.
- My analysis of the recent Visual Basic Survey + an extra graph – Eric Nelson gives his analysis of the results of his recent VB6 survey run in the UK.
- Functional C# – Fun With Folds – Matthew Podwysocki looks at creating some functions as folds in C# using the Aggregate Linq operator
- OAuth on ASP.net MVC Projects – Owen Evans shares his work on implementing OAuth authentication on ASP.NET MVC
- Implementing UnitOfWork Pattern In Linq To SQL Application – Kazi Manzur Rashid looks at the implementation of the Unit of Work pattern in an ASP.NET MVC application using Linq to SQL
- NH2.1.0: generators behavior explained – Fabio Maulo explores the way the different Identity generators interact with the database in NHibernate 2.1.0
- LiDNUG: March ’09 event – All you ever wanted to know about ASP.Net….. – Brian H. Madsen shares the details of the March virtual meeting of the Linked In .Net User Group. This is a virtual meeting starting 17:00 GMT (9am PST) broadcast using Live Meeting. This months topic is the ASP.NET Runtime.
- 3 days until Party with Palermo. RSVP now. Guests welcome – Jeffrey Palermo is running has ‘Party With Palermo’ event in conjunction with the Alt.Net / MVP Summit in Seattle on the 1st March. As usual this is a great opportunity to meet with fellow developers, and all it costs you is one business card.
- Recording of Sebastien Lambla @ E-VAN 25 February 2009 – Jan Van Ryswyck shares the recording of the European Virtual Alt.Net User Group, featuring Seb Lambla talking about REST and the OpenRasta Framework. Good job too as I completely forgot about the virtual gathering this time round.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #296