- TestDriven.Net 2.19: Release Notes - Jamie Cansdale shares the Release nots for Test Driven.NET’s v2.19 release, with NUnit 2.5 beta 2 support, along with a number of fixes and improvements to the platforms supported.
- Domain Driven Design: A Step by Step Guide - Casey Charlton begins a series of posts on Domain Driven Design and starts out with a look at one of the key concepts, that of having a Ubiquitous Language with which to discuss the domain
- Hanselman List of Podcasts for .NET Programmers - Scott Hanselman shares a comprehensive list of podcasts that will be of interest to programmers - there are a few on there I’d not come across before so well worth a look.
- Domain Driven Design: Learning - Artur Trosin is also looking into Domain Driven Design, and in this post discusses some of the key concepts and provides a number of links to more detailed resources about specific parts of the subject.
- Mocks vs. Stubs - James Kovacs attempts to de-mystify the differences between mock objects and stub objects, illustrating his example with some code.
- Cost? - Greg Young explores the cost of implementing Command Query Segregation in terms of the time to create all the messages, looking at how these costs could be recouped or limited.
- The cost of messaging - Ayende follows up on Greg Young’s discussion of messaging costs , with a look at his standard proof of concept of user login
- Recent Bootcamp Materials: Visual Studio.NET 2008 Tips, Tricks, and Toys - ‘G’ shares a comprehensive list of Free tools and add-ins for developers which were featured in G’s recent presentation
- Quickly Setting Up And Using NHibernate’s Second Level Cache - Davy Brion explores the setup and use of the Second Level Cache in NHibernate, showing how you can apply it globally, or b more specific about the entities to cache
- Handling of large byte arrays - ‘bauemeise’ looks at a few different ways of allocating large byte arrays, and the differences in performance of these techniques
- CommonServiceLocator for MEF, a service is a service - Glenn Block announces the completion of his implementation of the CommonServiceLocator adapter for the MEF
- Unix Time on Friday the 13th: 1234567890 - This Friday marks another of those ’special’ times in the unix clock.