Christmas Eve already! Thankfully I’ve finished all my christmas shopping and wrapped presents, so I’m ready for tomorrow. Christmas Day and Boxing Day (26th Dec) are Bank Holidays in the UK and, as is the brew tradition, will be skipped, and then the next two days are weekend so the Morning Brew will return on the the 29th.
All that remains is to wish you all a Happy Christmas!
- Create Word Documents using .NET without Interop – Gayan Perera announces the release of a component to help build Word documents (as .docx) from templates created in Word using replacements strings.
- How to Use .NET 3.5 Features and C# 3.0 Syntax in .NET 2.0? – Rinat Abdullin looks at how you can include some of the new .NET 3.5 and C#3 features even if you are still having to target .NET 2.0.
- SALT and PEPPER – 3 TIER and LINQ – Shivprasad koirala talks at length about construction of a 3 tier application architecture using LINQ in this Code Project Article.
- VAN (Virtual ALT.NET Meeting) Update – Chad Myers gives an update on the Virtual Alt.NET meetings that he has been organising. I particularly like the suggestion of having the meeting hosted in EMEA as I suspect the time might be a little more accessible for me in the UK (I think the meetings were happening at about 4am my time)
- Getting good dumps when an exception is thrown – Rick Byers explores the possibilities for capturing a memory dump of your application when it has crashed.
- Asp.net 4 – ‘deniss’ rounds up information from a number of sources to discuss the new features of ASP.NET 4.
- Using SQLite for fast database testing – technical gotchas and wider lessons learned – Alex Scordellis shares some lessons he has learn when working with SQLite as a database for testing applications using NHibernate and Castle Active Record.
- How will you parallelize your existing codebase? Try R.A.S.P. – Rick Minerich talks about a technique for revisiting old code with a view to Parallelizing it
- Improve your jQuery – 25 excellent tips – Jon Hobbs-Smith gives 25 useful tips for anyone working with jQuery, covering topics such as improving the load time of your page to writing your own selectors.
- Shouldn’t the Silverlight ToolKit include VB Code Samples? – Julie Lerman rallies the VB Developers to try and get more of the samples in the Silverlight toolkit to include VB.NET versions.
- Silverlight Feature Requests – Joe Stegman gathers together a number of Silvelight feature requests from a number of sources including forums and blog post comments. This may be an interesting post to help us guess what will be included in future releases as certain features are requested a lot.