- .NET 4.0’s game-changing feature? Maybe contracts… - Jon Skeet talks about the Code Contracts feature for .NET 4.0
- A Tour of WPF - Mike Taulty shares a number of training resources for WPF, including code samples and slide decks for you to use for your own talks or learning
- Nov 6th Links: ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight and WPF - ScottGu continues his regular series of links on Microsoft web technologies
- Create your own light weight IOC container in .NET - Jigar Desai sets about creating a simple IOC container from scratch - I find these types of samples very useful when it comes to understanding how the larger more complex frameworks do their stuff.
- MSDN Ramp Up Program - Paulo Morgado highlights the MSDN Ramp Up Training Programme, a free online community based training programme covering a number of different technologies
- A base fixture class can help reduce repetitive code - Karl Seguin talks about creating a base class for test fixtures which provides common functionality to all your tests, covering things like base setup and teardown, along with setting up components like mocking frameworks.
- C# Code reviews using StyleCop - Shivprasad Koirala looks at using StyleCop in Code Reviews in this Code Project Article
- Thead Pooling - Ken Lovely gives a simple example of using the ThreadPool - the easiest way to get multi threading in your application without having to worry about creating too many threads
- Getting ASP.NET Routing Up and Running - The Definitive Guide - Mike Ormond walks through the steps for getting routing working in an ASP.NET Application, and also looks at the steps for doing the same in IIS7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta Reviewers Guide Posted - Taylor Brown highlights the availability of a comprehensive (if marketing driven) document about the features of Windows Server 2008 R2 - as developers its often good to know what’s going on in the server platforms.
- On Misusing ORMs - Abhijit Nadgouda talks about some of the problems that using an Object Relational Mapping library can cause
- Table Value Parameters Make Life Easier for C# Developers - Stephen Forte explores the new Table Value Parameters in SQL 2008 and shows how it makes writing Data Access code easier
- I call this, being optimistic - Ayende shares some code humour, and the comments to this post and his follow up have a few others which might brighten your day.