Posted by Chris Alcock on Friday 10th October 2008 at 07:23 am | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Font Survey: 30 of the Best Programming Fonts – Hans Dietrich compares (with screen shots of code from the IDE) 30 Programming fonts in both their ClearType and non-ClearType forms, along with download links to obtain the font – this is a nice easy way of helping us to pick a good developing font
- The Bejeweled Puzzle in SQL – Alex Kozak posts a puzzle to be solved in TSQL, based on the Bejeweled game – this looks like a fun challenge if your Friday has the time
- First Steps with Post Sharp – Ayende spends some time playing with Aspect Oriented Programming in PostSharp, and likes what he finds.
- Validation in WPF using PostSharp/AOP – Inspired by a developer event where AOP in PostSharp was discussed, Rudi Grobler takes a look at using PostSharp to implement Validation in WPF
- Ideavine – An open source hosting project – Faisal highlights a new Open Source .NET Project hosting site – it only launched recently, and is currently hosting SubText and NInject
- What’s The Point Of Delegates In .NET? – Derick Bailey thinks about Delegates, and comes up with (what sounds like a Linq influenced) reason for their existence.
- Auto-generating help with NAnt and CC.net – Garry Pilkington walks through generating documentation from your code using Cruise Control .NET, NAnt and SandCastle.
- Having Console apps write out Xml so you can parse their output – Tim Stall talks about parsing the output of console applications, and reminds us that we, like many tools vendors, can output XML which makes this task much easier.
- Cheat Sheet: patterns & practices Catalog at a Glance Posted to CodePlex – J.D. Meier posts the largest list of Patterns and Practices content I’ve ever seen – plenty of goo stuff in there.
1 Comment »