4 day weeks are always much harder than the usual 5 day weeks….glad its the weekend tomorrow.
- Building a Custom XML Configuration System for ASP.NET – Part 2 - Keyvan Nayyeri looks at configuration again, reimplementing his previous system using the new XLinq API
- Clone Detective For Visual Studio - Paulo Morgado links to Clone Detective,a tool for detecting duplicate code in C# projects. I’ve already linked to this project before, and am including this again as duplicate code was a topic that was discussed at the ThoughtWorks Geek Night on Wednesday.
- ASP.NET Caching and Performance - The latest edition of the Polymorphic Podcast discusses Caching and perfomance in ASP.NET. This post contains a link to the episode and an textual outline of some of the things discussed.
- LINQ to SQL queries involving strings cause SQL Server procedure cache bloat - SQLDenis discusses a problem with Linq To SQL which causes different sizes of varaible to be generated in the SQL depending on the size of the input value, which will lead to duplicate execution plans being generated in the database server.
- To Bind or Not To Bind – Dynamic Expression Trees – Part 3 - Bart De Smet continues his series on Dynamic Expression Trees, looking at supporting some more complex expressions.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Sources are available! - The Reference Source Code Center team announce the release of the SP1 Source code to their servers. This will allow the Visual Studio Debug into framework functionality to obtain the latest SP1 source code.
- Visual Studio Shell 2008: Bringing More .NET Languages into the Visual Studio Fold - Rick Minerich talks about the Visual Studio Shell, and links to a number of languages which are utilising its features.
- Building a generic IoC wrapper. - Ritesh Rao looks at building a wrapper around the common IOC frameworks, allowing you to insulate yourself from taking a direct dependency on the framework in your code. The wrapper defined here has pluggable architecture which allows for different storage, and support for a few of the IOC containers. Full source code is available.
- Migrating website projects to web applications in VS2008 - Muneeb R. Baig walks through the steps to upgrade a VS2005 website project into a VS2008 Web Application Project
- Visual Studio Optimizations - Scott Dorman shares some settings changes to Visual Studio which help to speed the IDE up.
- Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 Training and Certs for Free! - AngelaB discovers some offers available on the Visual Studio 2008 learning site.
- The WPF ah-ha Moment - Scott Weinstein takes something simple and shows the difference in thinking between traditional ways of doing it and the WPF way of doing it.