Too many interesting posts this weekend - I didn’t get through my full list of feeds this morning, and even still had links left over - some of which will make an appearance over the next couple of days.
- NHibernate 2.0 Beta 1 Released - NHibernate 2 has reached Beta 1 Status - which based on previous experience of the betas will be quite usable. This release is meant to bring it inline with Hibernate 3.2 in terms of functionality.
- Rhino Mocks 3.5 Release Candidate - Ayende announces that Rhino Mocks 3.5 is now at Release Candidate status
- Release: Composite Application Guidance for WPF 2008 RC1 - Prism goes Release candidate - Composite Application Guidance for WPF 2008 RC1 is a framework to help enterprise application developers who use WPF to create flexible applications using loosely coupled design
- A Back To Basics Case Study: Implementing HTTP File Upload with ASP.NET MVC including Tests and Mocks - Scott Hanselman digs into HTTP File uploading in ASP.NET MVC and uses it as a vehicle for talking about mocking and testing
- MVC Storefront, Part 15: Code Review With Ayende - Rob Conery releases the latest part in his MVC project screen cast series. This part is a code review with Ayende - I’m looking forward to watching this one tonight
- Introducing psake - James Kovacs introduces psake - a PowerShell inspired build automation tool both written in and using PowerShell.
- Tree Surgeon is Looking for a Logo - I hadn’t released that Bil Simser hat taken custody of this project - Tree surgeon is a tool which creates a development tree structure for your new projects - configuring projects, solutions, and test projects for you - and it needs a logo!
- Custom Web Service Test Page Design - Robert Robbins shows how you can enhance the appearance of your web service test page, by replacing it completely with your own page.
- ASP.NET Performance Tips - Haroon Waheed lists a number of things you can do to enhance your ASP.NET performance. Most of these tips are purely configuration - turning off bits of the framework you don’t need - something that is often neglected by developers when it comes to performance tuning.
- Design Patterns - Decorator Pattern - David Cumps continues his series on design patterns with a look at the decorator pattern. Also check out his followup to Thursday’s post on the Observer/Event pattern (linked in the left nav)
- My first impressions with Rhino Mocks 3.5 (beta) - Derik Whittaker looks at the latest version of Rhino Mocks
- Before you use an IoC tool, some concepts to know first - Jeremy D. Miller writes about Inversion of Control fundamentals
- Extended Thread Pool - An interesting Code Project project dealing with improved threadpool functionality - things like priorities, bounding and extensibility
- RefactorMyCode.com - Get some support from your fellow developers with this new community site where the community is invited to refactor some code. Looks like it could be a useful learning tool.
- Silverlight Control Builder Contest - A contest for US based Silverlight 2 Beta 2 developers - with some quite impressive prizes