Glad to be back home again - I enjoyed and took away lots of useful stuff from Software Architect 2008. My train journey back last night was aided by Rob Conery’s latest part of the MVC Store Front Series. - it helped pass the time wonderfully.
- SubSonic 2.1 Release Candidate 1 - Eric Kemp announces the availability of SubSonic 2.1 RC1 - this release is considered to be quite stable in terms of interfaces, and seems to have tackled a good list of issues/features.
- Managed Extensibility Framework Preview Available - Brad Abrams announces the availability of the first CTP of the Managed Extensibility Framework - a means of providing extensibility to your systems and reducing coupling.
- .NET Database Migration Tool Roundup - Ben Scheirman looks at the range of choices in tools for database migration, and give a few short reviews of each.
- Beginners Guide To Threading In .NET Part 2 of n - Sacha Barber continues his series on working with threads in .NET. This part addresses the threading lifecycle, the places where you can use threading, and some of the common pitfalls of threading.
- SubSonic: Using Migrations - Rob Conery looks at how you can use Subsonic Migrations to upgrade your databases. Plenty of code and a screen cast give a nice overview.
- Silverlight Grid Control - DevExpress AgDataGrid Suite - DevExpress announce the forthcoming Free-Of-Charge release of AgDataGrid for Silverlight - this is excellent news, as I think that the availability of good quality controls will be a crucial success factor for Silverlight adoption.
- The Great Devlicio.us Giveaway - Sergio Pereira announces a competition with some great prizes (some excellent books, and $10K’s worth of Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite). The competition is story based, looking for stories about software project success where introducing new techniques or tools saved the project.
- Making the Paradigm Shift Part 5 of N ROUGH DRAFT - Sam Gentile continues his series with part 5 - this part looks at some of the specific patterns that are crucial to implementing SOA.
- SOA: Making the Paradigm Shift Part 6 of N - The Current State of SOA and How to Make the Paradigm Shift – ROUGH DRAFT - Sam follows up with part 6 of this series (in draft again), this part looks at the current state of the SOA universe and gives a couple of principles to help you to get to SOA.
- Visual Studio and .NET Framework Developer Documentation Survey - Brad Abrams highlights a survey by the User Education Team at Microsoft about .NET and Visual Studio documentation - go fill it out to help them improve the documentation.
- SubSonic: RIP? - Rob Conery attempts to clear up any confusion about the future of SubSonic