I’m attending the Software Architect 2008 conference in London this week – if anyone knows of any interesting evening technology/geek events in the capital this week please let me know as I may be able to come along. Tomorrow’s Morning Brew will be at the mercy of my Mobile Broadband connection, but a quick trial over the weekend was successful so I have high hopes!
- Sandcastle May 2008 Release (Version 2.4.10520) – An update to the SandCastle Documentation tool – looks like its mostly bug fixes.
- DSA 0.5 released! – Granville Barnett announces an update to DSA – a library of common Data Structures and Algorithms which are not in the .NET Framework
- More parallelisation fun: Conway’s Game of Life – Jon Skeet continues to look a parallelism in .NET, this time using the Game of Life as a sample.
- How to Build Your Very Own Provider Model – Part 3 – Keyvan Nayyeri completes his series on building a Provider Model with the implementation. Full code is available to download.
- The Design Is Never Right The First Time – Phil Haack talks about doesign, and how it should be an iterative process, with some examples from the AP.NET MVC project
- SOA: Making the Paradigm Shift Part 1 of N – Sam Gentile starts a series on SOA, and how you can get to the point of having a SOA infrastructure
- SOA: Making the Paradigm Shift Part 2 of N – And in Part 2, Sam Gentile looks at the business benefits of SOA.
- SQL Server Programming Hacks – A collection of SQL Server tricks and tips – first bit of content I’ve come across from the new community site LessThanDot
- IronRuby and Rails – John Lam announces a significant milestone for the IronRuby project – they are now able to run Rails un-modified on IronRuby
- ViewData "dot" Notation Expressions in ASP.NET MVC – Matt shows an alternative way of getting parts of your model out in the view via ViewData.
- Unit testing vs. Integration Testing : The Restaurant Analogy – Roy Osherove offers up a great explanation of the difference between Unit and Integration testing via an analogy.
- SubSonic: Update on 3.0 Plans – Rob Conery gives an update on what is to come for SubSonic in Version 3, and reminds everyone that a release candidate of V2.1 is just round the corner.
- ASP.NET MVC Preview 3 Tooling Updates And Updated NUnit Test Project Templates – The WebDevTools team talks about two neat features for ASP.NET MVC Preview 3 – firstly that it can be run in Visual Web Developer Express (It always annoys me the disparity between what will run in which IDE editions), and some new templates for NUnit testing
- What the &@$#* is a ‘Best Practice’ anyway? – Derik Whittaker talks about best practices, and how its not always necessary to use the latest and greatest best practices to be successful.
- Simple State Machine – Ayende reviews some code developed by a third party to implement State machines using Rhino DSL – an interesting example.
- Functional Programming – lessons from high-school arithmetic – Andrew Matthews looks back at some basic maths and explains how it relates to Functional Programming.