Another shorter post today – Google Reader was acting up this morning, giving me more errors than posts to read. Assuming things are working well tomorrow will b a catch up post.
- Retina.NET 2.0 Core & Designer Released – Andres G. Vettori announces the Version 2.0 release of his ORM library
- Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.1 Beta – Keyvan Nayyeri talks about the latest beta release of the Visual Studio SDK. Download links are provided in the post
- Creating cross platform GUI’s with IronRuby – Steve Eichert talks about Shoes, a DSL based library for creating GUI applications easily in code.
- The Weekly Source Code 27 – Suck Less Libraries – Scott Hanselman highlights three interesting libraries in this week’s Weekly Source Code – Umbrella (A helper layer over the BCL), Ukadc.Diagnostics (additional support in the Diagnostics space for logging to SQL, etc – created by the Microsoft UK Application Development Consulting team), and the IIS7 Hostable web core.
- MVC Storefront: Brainbender Intermission – Rob Conery runs into problems with his lazy loading in LINQ to SQL – here he explains the problems.
- MVC Storefront: Intermission’s Over, Made Some Changes – Rob Conery resolves his current issues with LINQ to SQL in the MVC Shop Front
- F# and Unit Testing – Some New Developments – Matthew Podwysocki looks at unit testing F# code, and explains a problem getting tests to run in the latest F# due to static classes being created. Thankfully, he also shows a work around for this problem.
- How Do I Get Started with the Entity Framework? – You can watch this 9 minute video… – Greg Duncan highlights this introductory video on the Entity Framework