- MSDN Library for VS SP1 (April 2007 Edition) – MSDN Library update for VS 2005 SP1. This also includes Vista developer documentation, along with updates to the Windows Driver Kit documentation, SQL Server 2005 documentation, and many others.
- Transitionals – A WPF Framework for building transitions (think Powerpoint) between UI Views. This project uses parts of the Microsoft Acropolis research project.
- Hacking Visual Studio to Use More Than 2Gigabytes of Memory – Steve Harman shows how you can allow Visual Studio to use up to 3GB of RAM – A useful trick if you have a large solution
- Grow Your Own SyncRoot – An interesting article on locking – explaining why the SyncRoot property exists
- Designing With Lambdas – Part III – Sergio Pereira takes another look at using Lambdas in your API to make the code simpler.
- Improve Web Application Performance – Adnan Aman looks at web application performance – mostly common knowledge, but useful if you’ve not considered this stuff before.
- Implementing Generic Caching – An interesting article looking at how to do locking to prevent multiple generation of cache items when the generation takes a long time.
- Prefer Composition Over Inheritance – Steve Rowe looks at composition and inheritance, and explains why composition is often better
- MVC Storefront, Part 6: Catalog Completion and Initial UI – Latest instalment of Rob Conery’s MVC tutorial screencast. In this part Rob starts looking at the UI, talks a bit more about the Repository pattern and implements lazy loaded lists,