I received my recently ordered copy of Keyvan Nayyeri’s book on Visual Studio Extensibility yesterday - First impressions are good - looking forward to digging into deeper it to assist with one of my personal projects.
- Json.NET 2.0 Beta 3 - Turkey Test Approved - James Newton-King announces that the latest beta of Json.NET 2.0 is culturally aware in that it passes the Turkey Test - along with a number of other fixes
- InternalsVisibleToAttribute and Strong Named Assemblies Step by Step - Using specific attributes it is possible to expose the internal classes of one assembly to another - a useful technique for unit testing if you like separate projects for tests
- Prism: Third drop published - Ezequiel Jadib announces the latest release of Prism, a set of tools for developing Composite WPF applications.
- Unit Test Project Structure Poll - Phil Haack puts out feelers for how people organise and structure their unit tests.
- Entity Framework & ADO.NET Data Services to Ship with VS 2008 SP1 & .NET 3.5 SP1 - The ADO.NET Team announce when two of the big post release 2008 features will ship - sort of.
- Unit Test Projects or Not? - Bil Simser responds to a Phil Haack post about the organisation of unit tests.
- Functional programming - Is it worth your time? - The Wandering Glitch looks at the reasons to look into Functional Programming.
- Soft Deletes - The NHibernate FAQ Blog shows how you can implement deletes via a deleted status rather than removing the record from the DB using NHibernate
- Unity 1.0 EventBroker Sample CAB Style - Scott Nichols highlights the Event Broker that comes with Unity and shows how you can integrate it with your applications.
- How to: Use strings in a secure manner with SecureString class - An oft forgotten .NET 2.0 Framework class to allow you to store strings in memory more securely.