Lots and lots of links from over the long weekend - so many in fact that I’ve had to introduce some extra headings to help organise them all.
- Gallio - Automation Platform for .NET - Gallio Alpha 2 has been released, supporting a number of unit testing frameworks and tool integrations
- Windows Installer 4.5 Beta 2 Now Available! - The Windows Installer team announce the latest beta via Microsoft Connect
- Did you know Red Gate gives SQL Log Rescue for free? - A post highlighting the availability of this RedGate tool for free - the only limitation is that it only supports SQL 2000
- YUI 2.5.1 Released: Improved AIR support, JSON security patch, YUI Configurator, and bug fixes - The title says it all really - updated YUI
- dbverse - A Database Change Management framework which allows developers to maintain and update their database structure in C# Code.
- IIS Admin Pack Technical Preview 1 Released - A collection of extensions for the IIS Manager application, adding functionality like UI for Request Filtering, Configuration Editor, Managing Databases, and much more
- Variations on a Func-y theme - Jimmy Bogard looks at anonymous methods and lambda expressions
- ASP.NET Basics: Foundation of ASP.NET - A quick reference card type overview of ASP.NET
- Performance Effect of Common Table Expressions in SQL Server 2005 - Keyvan Nayyeri shows that Common Table Expressions are not a silver bullet with respect to performance.
- Word 2007: Rich Text Format (RTF) Specification, version 1.9.1 - Microsoft release the latest version of the RFT specification which includes the RTF used in Word 2007
- Distant Shores - A Visual Studio Color Scheme - Another nice colour scheme for Visual Studio
- Adventures in F# - F# 101 Part 6 (Lazy Evaluation) - Matthew Podwysocki continues his series on F#, turning his mind to Lazy Evaluation
- .NET Event Techniques - Rob Eisenberg discovers a neat trick for avoiding problems with unsubscribed events - this is really neat - I’ll have to make use of this trick
- PTOM: The Open Closed Principle - A run through of how the Open Closed principle can be applied to a real(ish) world situation,
- Fun With Physics - The final part in Sacha Barber’s WPF series, with some physics code from Fredrik Bornander - this part pulls together the techniques from the other parts of the series in the production of a demo application.
- Silverlight apps not working/downloading on IIS 6.0? Try your mime types… - A quick tip about getting Silverlight (or any other new type of file) to work correctly over the web
- ASP.NET MVC Source - The source code release of the ASP.NET MVC Framework Preview 2 release
- ASP.NET MVC Source Code Now Available - ScottGu talks about building the MVC framework from source
- The Weekly Source Code 21 - ASP.NET MVC Preview 2 Source Code - Scott Hanselman digs into the ASP.NET MVC source
- A Few Notes About The MVC CodePlex Source Code Release - Phil Haack answers some questions about the ASP.NET MVC Source code release
- ASP.NET MVC - Part 1 - First part of a series which gives a quick tour of the features and ideas behind the ASP.NET MVC framework
- Simplified Asp.net MVC Controller Testing with Moq - Justin Etheredge pulls together a number of techniques for unit testing ASP.NET MVC controllers
.NET 3.5, Visual Studio 2008, WCF, LINQ, etc.
- Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 Training Kit - Alex Mueller highlights the availability of a training kit for VS 2008 and .NET 3.5
- Visual Basic 2008 Hotfix to fix slow IDE performance/response time after building a Project with lots of XML Comments (either user or designer generated) - Greg Duncan highlights a hot fix to help VB developers using VS 2008
- How to Build a REST app in .NET (with WCF) - Sample code to create REST based services using .NET 3.5 and WCF
- Where is ASP.NET 3.5 on IIS ? - I’ve heard this question a few times recently, and this post gives a nice overview of why there is no 3.5 option in IIS
- LINQ to SQL and SqlConnection ( "when you’re wrong, you’re wrong" ) - Mike Taulty looks under the hood of LINQ to SQL to see how the the data context manages the underling SQLConnection
- New NHibernate users mailing list setup, join now! Operators are standing by. - Bil Simser announces an NHibernate Google Group - looks well worth a subscription for anyone working with NHibernate
- Table-per-concrete-class in NHibernate? - Kyle Baley calls out for some help with an NHibernate Dilemma - good discussions ensue in the comments.
- NHibernate Proxy Generator - Some resources for getting NHibernate to play nicely in partial trust environments.
- NetDug Unit Testing - Chris Brandsma summarises a discussion about unit testing held at a User Group Meeting - some interesting thoughts.
- TDD : Introduction to Rhino Mocks - Stephen Walther runs through the features of Rhino Mocks from the absolute basics of unit testing and mocking through to more advanced situations.
- Comparing Moq to Rhino Mocks - Phil Haack compares two mocking frameworks for state based testing