Archived Posts from this Category
Posted by Chris Alcock on 20 Nov 2015 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
1 Comment »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 19 Nov 2015 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
A Bumper edition today with all the news from yesterday’s Connect(); // 2015 event
- Announcing .NET Core and ASP.NET 5 RC – Rich Lander announces the release candidate of .NET Core and ASP.NET 5 RC with a number of improvements from previous releases to both the Core Runtime and BCL as well as the ASP.NET Tooling
- VS Code v0.10.1 (November – Beta 2015) – The Visual Studio Code team announce the release of VS Code 0.10.1, a further beta release adding in support for extensions as well as moving to an Open Source development model.
- Glimpse v2 Beta1 Released! – Nik Molnar announces the first beta release of Glimpse 2, adding in support for ASP.NET 5 and CoreCLR, bringing with it cross platform capabilities
- Node.js Tools 1.1 for Visual Studio Released – Sara Itani & Arunesh Chandra announce the release of the latest build of the Node tools for Visual Studio, adding in support for NodeJS 4.x, improved intellisense, debugging, performance and npm v3 support
- Announcing the Azure SDK 2.8 for .NET – Brady Gaster announces the release of the Azure SDK 2.8 for .NET including new support for Docker Containers
- Visual Studio Team Services – Visual Studio Online becomes Visual Studio Term Services
- Azure App Service Updates – November 2015 – Jeffrey Fritz shares the latest updates on the Azure App Service platform announced at Connect()
- Deep Diagnostics for Web Apps with Application Insights | Microsoft Azure Blog – Merav Davidson shares a look at some of the application analytics and diagnostics improvements in Application Insights announced at Connect()
- Announcing the Intune App SDK – Chuck Lantz & Sam Tulimat share details of the Intune SDK bringing security features to mobile applications across the different device platforms.
- Announcing Public Preview for Visual Studio Team Services Code Search – Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management – Biju Venugopal shares a look at the new public preview of Code Search in Visual Studio Team Services
- Announcing the new Release Management service in Visual Studio Team Services – Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Vijay M gives the details of the new Release Management Service in Visual Studio Team Services making it ever easier to deploy your software to multiple environments
- Announcing easy to use browser-based exploratory testing for Visual Studio Team Services, Announcing Public Preview of Visual Studio Marketplace & Getting Started with DevTest Labs for Azure – Charles Sterling announces a new testing tool ‘Microsoft Exploratory Testing’ for performing testing, and capturing bugs, the public preview of the Visual Studio Market Place, the new home of extensions and plugins for Visual Studio, and shares a look at the new DevTest Labs features for creating test environments and running test labs.
- Visual Studio Dev Essentials – Visual Studio Dev Essentials offers developers a whole set of tools and training to get up to speed on cross platform development on the Microsoft Stack, with a great selection of benefits
- News and Announcements at Connect(); //2015 – John Montgomery has a nice round up of the major announcements from Connect()
- ASP.NET 5 and .NET Core RC1 in context (Plus all the Connect 2015 News) – Scott Hanselman also has a good roundup including highlighting the videos of the sessions and all the great ASP.NET related content.
- Barbaric Tip of the Week: Check The Connect 2015 Keynote for Some Truly Awesome Stuff That is Coming – Jaime González García has also aggregated a lot of the announcement news into a blog post, well worth checking out.
- Announcing ASP.NET 5 Release Candidate 1 – Jeffrey T. Fritz shares the detailed announcement of the ASP.NET 5 Release Candidate 1
- Entity Framework 7 RC1 Available – Rowan Miller announces the release candidate of Entity Framework 7, reviewing what is included in this release and also highlighting the getting started documentation.
- News from Connect(); 2015 – Brian Harry shares the Connect() News from a Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services point of view
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1972
Posted by Chris Alcock on 18 Nov 2015 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
Links Only edition today as I’m out on the road today at the Stacked 2015 event – IF you are there say hello.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1971