- April 2015 .NET Security Updates – The .NET Team highlight their contribution to this month’s Patch Tuesday addressing a security issue found to affect .NET 1.1 – 4.5.2 on affected versions of Windows.
- April 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer – Similarly the Internet Explorer team also have a patch in the Patch Tuesday collection this month, this one disables SSL3.0 on Internet Explorer 11
- New E-Book: ASP.NET MVC Succinctly
– Vincent Maverick S. Durano highlights the release of ‘ASP.NET MVC Succinctly’ by Nick Harrison, the latest (reg-ware) free ebook from Syncfusion
- New number and Math features in ES6 – Dr. Axel Rauschmayer highlights a number of new features in ECMAScript 6 which relate to Number types and the Math library, including improved comparison and precision validation, support for other number systems, and much more.
- Build Your First Hybrid Mobile App with Visual Studio 2013, AngularJS, Ionic, and Adobe PhoneGap – Paul Ballard walks through the creation of a cross platform hybrid phone application using much of the technology stack which will be used in Visual Studio 2015’s hybrid mobile application templates.
- DocumentDB Add and Read – Simple Approach – Wriju Ghosh takes a look at Document DB, walking through two of the most common use cases
- Handmade Claims-based Authentication for Old-fashioned ASP.NET Sites – Dino Esposito discusses integrating claims based authentication into older ASP.NET sites using a custom principal.
- NameOf (C# 6) – Robert MacLean takes a look at the nameof syntactic sugar which allows your code to get the names of members at compile time without resorting to reflection.
- Is it just me or Windows 10 is looking like Windows 1.0? – Fabio Pintos poses an interesting question – and something which does look to be quite accurate too – it’s amazing how things come back around isn’t it
- Extending Classes and Interfaces using TypeScript & The Role of Interfaces in TypeScript – Dan Wahlin discusses the use of TypeScript and how you can go about extending interfaces and classes with new methods, as well as looking at how interfaces work in TypeScript.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1840