- Visual Studio Online is in Europe! – Brian Harry announces the availability of a Visual Studio Online instance in the West Europe Azure Region, giving European users a closer (and therefore speedier and lower latency) instance of the service to use.
- European Datacenter & REST 1.0 – The Visual Studio blog also discuss the new European instance of Visual Studio Online as well as discussion of the Version 1.0 of the Visual Studio Online REST API and the general availability of Service Hooks.
- Introducing Azure Stream Analytics – Elisa Flasko announces the launch of Azure Stream Analytics, a managed cloud based stream processing solution for producing real time analytics,
- ASP.NET MVC Security Bulletin MS14-059 ships to help secure .NET NuGet Libraries – The .NET Framework Blog highlights a security patch for ASP.NET MVC which is the first to be shipped using the Security Updates for .NET NuGet Libraries Support.
- SharpDevelop 5.0 is Final as in Final, but "… not the final version of SharpDevelop" – Greg Duncan highlights the release of Version 5.0 of the SharpDevelop IDE for C#. Version 5 is a C# only IDE currently which is licensed as MIT.
- EF7 – v1 or v7? – Rowan Miller discusses the changes coming in Entity Framework 7 and how they are substantial and significant enough to warrant calling it a V1 of EF7 rather than just V7 of EF
- W3C Charts a Course for the Future of the Open Web by Finalizing HTML5 Standard – Paul Cotton of Microsoft Open Technologies highlights the finalizing of the HTML5 standard by the W3C
- Celebrating HTML5 Recommendation with the W3C – The Internet Explorer Team also join in the celebrations of the finalization of the HTML5 specification by the W3C
- Modeling exercise: The grocery store’s checkout model process approach – Ayende continues with his discussion of a domain modelling exercise based on a grocery store checkout, sharing a short outline of how he would solve the problem.
- Using ConfigR as a Configuration Source in ASP.NET vNext – Filip W takes a look at (and highlights some excellent resources about) the ASP.NET vNext Configuration extensibility, and looks at wiring up ConfigR as a configuration mechanism to provide C# based configuration
- Recap of TechEd Europe, day one – Jan Tielens gives an overview of the happenings at the first day of TechEd Europe 2014.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1725