- Exception.StackTraceEx – better exception stacktrace for async code – Lucian Wischik announces the release of an improved and packaged portable class library version of Exception.StackTraceEx, a means of getting better stack traces in async based code
- Prism for WPF License Announcement – Blaine Wastell highlights a change of license for the Prism project and its associated supporting projects, now licensed as Apache 2.0.
- When is a constant not a constant? When it’s a decimal… – Jon Skeet digs deep into the world of Constants, and looks at how while you can declare a const decimal, in actual fact it is far from that.
- RoslynDom Update 1.0.10-alpha, Refactoring Unit Tests – & RoslynDom Quick Start – Kathleen Dollard gives an update on the RoslynDOM project (warning – some broken formatting in this post), shares experiences of refactoring unit tests, as well as sharing a getting started guide to RoslynDOM.
- How to get integrated debugging in Visual Studio with OwinHost in Owin-based Katana web applications – Simone Chiaretta takes a look at getting debugging support with Visual Studio 2013 when hosting your web application in the OwinHost
- Introducing Microsoft Azure Search and the RedDog.Search Client SDK – Sandrino Di Mattia highlights the public preview of Azure Search, and takes a quick look at the various aspects of this searching and indexing service.
- DocumentDB – Another Azure NoSQL Storage Service – Shawn Xu takes a look at the new Azure DocumentDB announced last week.
- Azure DocumentDB & Inside RavenDB 3.0 – Ayende shares his thoughts on the Azure DocumentDB, comparing it with RavenDB, and also gives the low down on RavenDB 3.0
- C# Records & Pattern Matching Proposal – Phil Trelford takes a look at the proposed record types and pattern matching in C# which are currently under consideration for inclusion in the next version of the language.
- How to customize scaffolding templates for ASP.NET vNext – Sayed-Ibrahim-Hashimi follows on from his previous post, answering a comment regarding customisation of the scaffold templates in ASP.NET vNext.
- Do not miss the free e-book – Graph Databases – Daniel Wertheim highlights a free e-book from the Neo4j team on Graph Databases.
- Creating Custom AngularJS Directives Part 4 – Transclusion and Restriction – Dan Wahlin continues his series looking at the construction of custom AngularJS Directives looking at two techniques which can add flexibility and stability to Angular Directives.
- AngularJS Lifetime Management, Lazy-Loading, and other Advanced DI Techniques – Jeremy Likness explores the dependency injection features of AngualrJS
- You have ruined HTML – Danny Tuppeny shares his feelings on the use of templating and binding expressions in HTML, suggesting that such code is better written as ‘real’ code. Interesting discussion in the comments on this one.
- AzureConf 2014 with my session Microsoft Azure Web Jobs – the new way to run your workloads in the Cloud – Magnus Mårtensson highlights the Azure Conf 2014, taking place on 25th of September and streamed live and free across the world, featuring great sessions from people like Magnus, Scott Guthrie, Tugberk Ugurlu, Maarten Balliauw and many more.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1680