- Node.js Tools for Visual Studio 1.0 Beta 2 Available – Shahrokh Mortazavi announces the release of the second beta of the Node.js Tools for Visual Studio 1.0, providing a rich experience for developing Node.js applications, incuding intellisense, debugging. This release brings a new analysis and IntelliSense engine, better UI for NPM, improved testing support both for custom frameworks and Mocha based tests.
- Mono Performance Team – Miguel de Icaza discusses the creation of a performance focused team within the Mono Project to work solely on improving performance of the framework.
- Conventional HTML in ASP.NET MVC: Data-bound elements – Jimmy Bogard continues his look at re-implementing HTML5 versions of the Form Helpers, taking a look at building a better implementation for controls like drop down lists which rely on supporting data, be it static, sourced from a database, or contextual based upon selections
- Commodore 64 Emulator – Mladen Janković shares an implementation of a Commodore 64 Emulator implemented in C#, an interesting project which encompasses emulation of each of the components which made up the C64.
- Collection Pipeline – Martin Fowler continues with the 3rd instalment of his article on Collection Pipelines.
- The Full Stack Developer – Nathan Gloyn discusses the concept of the ‘Full Stack Developer’, with a look at what that term means to him.
- Using Unsigned Integers in OData – Lewis Cheng discusses the number types supported in OData, and looks at how the protocol provides for implementing custom data types, allowing the addition of support for unsigned integers.
- Ten CSS One-Liners to Replace Native Apps – Håkon Wium Lie shares a look at some simple snippets of CSS which are gaining support, and provide features on the Web that many expect can only be achieved with native applications.
- DDD East Anglia Sessions – The Session Voting for DDD East Anglia (to be held in Cambridge on Saturday 13th September) has a couple more days to run, so this is your last opportunity to influence the sessions which will be featured on the day – get your votes in.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1658