- Welcome to ReactiveUI 6.0 & What’s new in ReactiveUI 6: ReactiveCommand<T> – Paul Betts announces the release of ReactiveUI 6.0, a significant milestone in the project, with over 8 months work going into this release which adds support for Windows Phone, Xamarin Forms, improved support for list based views, and a new Reactive Command implementation
- Viasfora 2.0 Released! – Tomas Restrepo announces the release of version 2.0 of his Visual Studio Extension Viasfora which brings numerous extensions to the text editor, extending the features of Rainbow Braces in this release
- Orchard 1.8.1 Released and Website Upgrades – David Hayden announces the release of Orchard 1.8.1 a bugfix release on top of the 1.8 platform addressing 36 reported bugs
- Building a strongly typed route provider for ASP.NET Web API – Filip W takes a look at the new capabilities to extend andadd in custom logic to the routing engine in ASP.NET WebAPI 2.2 via attribute routing.
- RoslynDom: Structural Interrogation Walk-throughs – Kathleen Dollard discusses the use of RoslynDom to inspect the structure of code, discussing the design aims to have it represent code the way we as developers think about it, and not as a compiler would.
- Free eBook on Model View View Model design pattern – Surf4Fun highlights a useful guide to the MVVM pattern from Jerry Nixon
- Playing with WinJS as a cross-platform UI layer? – Mike Taulty takes a look at reusing WinJS code across 4 different platform use cases, exploring the Windows 8.1 Native App, C# Hybrid Application, Web Page and Android application
- Hooking Trello Into Visual Studio Online – Garry Pilkington shows how you can wire in the Trello ‘Kanban-style’ boards into the Visual Studio Online setup via Service Hooks
- The NuGet.org Architecture – Jeff Handley shares an interesting look at the NuGet system architecture for running NuGet.org, and how it has evolved over time
- Implement Observer Pattern in .NET (3 techniques) – Chinmoy Mohanty takes a look at making use of the Observer pattern and the way in which .NET framework versions have assisted in this over time.
- Get Application Performance Counters of your choice during load runs with Visual Studio Online – Manas Maheshwari walks through the use of Cloud Load Testing in Visual Studio Online and how you can monitor the performance counters from your load testing.