- EF 6.1.1 RTM Available – Rowan Miller highlights the release of Entity Framework 6.1.1’s RTM Release, available via Nuget, with a separate tooling download also available for Visual Studio.
- Important update to Web Essentials 2013 – Mads Kristensen highlights a necessary update to the Web Essentials Visual Studio Extension required to support the application of Update 3 on Visual Studio 2013
- Would you like a MultiDictionary? – Immo Landwerth highlights the latest preview release of the Immutable Collections Library from he .NET Team which adds in a new type ‘MultiDictionary’ into the library. The preview is available as a NuGet Package
- ASP.NET vNext Routing Overview – .NET Web Development and Tools Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Mugdha Kulkarni takes a look at the role and use of Routing in the ASP.NET vNext plarform, explaining some of the history of its existence and looking at the new features introduced in the vNext timeframe.
- Your Editor should Encourage You – Phil Haack shares the genesis of a fun Visual Studio IDE extension which makes the Editor encourage you as you write code
- (Video) Learn Edge.JS part 3: Calling node from .Net – Iris Classon shares the third video instalment of a series taking a look at the magic of EdgeJS, exploring how you are able to call Node code from within your .NET code
- Rule of Thumb: Preconditions Should be Public – Craig Gidney discusses the use of Exceptions in code where the failure is expected, and also looks at why you should expose preconditions to success so that calling code can be better informed and aware of what is necessary to consume it.
- Reduce CPU core count to improve Lucene.NET index building performance – Michael Li discusses a performance investigation of slow indexing of documents in Lucene.NET hosted in a Web process
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1635