- FeatureToggle 2.1 Released – Jason Roberts announces the latest release of FeatureToggle, his library which implements the Feature Toggle pattern. This new release adds support for Random toggling of features, along with toggling on a specific day
- Announcing Internet Explorer Developer Channel – The Internet Explorer Team are following through on their promise of being more open about what is coming in the product, and in this post announce the release of a Developer Channel of the Internet Explorer Browser providing early access to features coming in the next releases
- Real world async/await defects – Eric Lippert discusses and highlights some of the potential pitfalls of the Async / Await Continuation Passing style , and appeals to the reader to let him know of instances of such problems encountered in real world situations.
- How to get notifications from a Windows Azure website – Ugo Lattanzi shows how to configure notifications when developers push to Azure for deployment
- Shedding Tiers: Stop Thinking in Terms of Layers – Peter Vogel discusses how innovations like Entity Framework have effectively replaced our Data Access layer, and urges us to think more widely than just architecture in layers in this Visual Studio Magazine article.
- When should you think about multiplatform? – Tobiah Marks shares thoughts on when you should think about going cross platform in your mobile application development strategy in this post, the start of a new series.
- Ideas to Keep in Mind When Designing User Interfaces – Nikita Semenov shares some excellent advice to remember when ever you are attempting to come up with a user interface for an application
- Thinktecture.IdentityManager as a replacement for the ASP.NET WebSite Administration tool – Scott Hanselman takes a look at the ThinkTecture Identity Manager as a tool to replace the now ageing (and not included any more) ASP.NET Website Administration Tool.
- Create a push notification system with SignalR and Toastr – Kyle shares a succinct step by step guide to creating toast notifications in your web applications which can be signalled from the server side using SignalR.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1631