- TDD Chess Game Part 7: Cleaning up the Bishop – Erik Dietrich picks up his Test Driven Development series looking at building out a chess game with another video instalment looking this time at improvements to test coverage and refactoring of some methods on the Bishop
- Pools: So You Think You’re Smarter Than Your GC – Karl Seguin reminds us that when ever we start trying to manage memory in our own applications by pooling resources manually we have to remember that the Garbage Collector won’t be able to help us in the same way
- New Memory Usage Tool for WPF and Win32 Applications – Harikrishna Menon discusses the improvements to the performance and diagnostics hub in Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 CTP2 which bring the new features to working with WPF and Win32 applications
- Using SQL Server in Windows Azure Virtual Machine? Then you need to read this – Bob Ward of the Microsoft Customer Service and Support SQL Server team highlights and discusses the updated recommendations for configuration if you are running SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines
- Code Challenge: Make the assertion fire – Ayende shares an interesting code puzzle to help you while away your Friday
- UInt128: Addition/Subtraction, UInt128: Multiplication/Squaring, UInt128: Bit Operations & UInt128: Division/Modulus – Jacob F. W. shares a series of posts looking at the implementation of a 128 bit Unsigned Integer data type, looking at the code to perform the standard mathematical operations on the type in these CodeProject articles
- dotnetConf – The .NET Community Virtual Conference – dotnetConf returns on the 25th and 26th June 2014 for two days full of online sessions covering the full range of .NET Development, with a slight web bias, from a range of excellent and and well known speakers.