- Free DevExpress MVVM Framework released – WPF and Silverlight – The Team over at DevExpress announce the release of their free and open source MVVM Framework, something which underpins many of their components already, and the free version includes all the core bits , minus the component integrations.
- VS 2012, VS 2013 and .NET Framework Doc’s for offline installs (i.e. an ISO) – Greg Duncan highlights the availability standalone ISO images for the Visual Studio and .NET Framework Documentation making it easy to get documentation when not connected to the internet, or for environments without internet connections.
- POCO controllers in ASP.NET vNext – Filip W takes a look at the implementation of Plain Old CLR Objects (POCOs) as Controllers in the ASP.NET vNext Release
- Offline support in the Azure Mobile Services iOS SDK – Carlos Figueira highights a new preview release of the Azure Mobile Services SDK for iOS whcih now includes offline support, and walks through its use in a sample application
- How To Simplify Asynchronous Programming with Await and Async — Visual Studio Magazine – Peter Vogel takes a look at how the use of async / await can simplify your asynchronous Entity Framework code and allow you to make a more responsive UI, illustrating with a sample WPF application
- 30 Days of Bootstrap with the MVC Framework – James Chambers is making June the month of a 30 days series looking at the use of ASP.NET MVC and Bootstrap, with 11 parts already available, exploring some of the MVC background and looking at building out the views. James also shares some links to further training materials on MVC in this post.
- Running .NET applications on a Raspberry Pi that communicates with Azure – Bruno Terkaly takes a look at how you can go about setting up a Raspberry Pi to run .NET applications through the Mono CLR implementation, and how that opens up easy access to all the Azure Services in a familiar language / framework on a different platform.
- Architecting large Single Page Applications with Knockout.js – Steve Sanderson shares a look at some of the up coming features in Knockout.js, and discusses building large scale Single Page Applications in this session from the NDC Oslo conference last week.