- Visual Studio "14" CTP now available in the Virtual Machine Azure Gallery & Visual Studio "14" CTP available as an Azure VM – Charles Sterling and Brian Harry highlight the availability of Azure Virtual Machines for the Visual Studio 14 CTP release, providing the ideal way to try out the preview of the next Visual Studio in an isolated environment.
- Server Garbage Collection Mode in Microsoft Azure – Chris Clayton discusses the importance of getting the right Garbage collection mode, especially on the Azure platform where you are paying for the resources you use, and looks at the differences in operation of Server and Desktop modes of the Garbage collector, along with looking at how to set the mode.
- Code Quality and Automated Code Testing & I Don’t Have Time for Unit Testing! – Deborah Kurata discusses the use of Unit Testing in improving code quality, as well as looking at the reasons you should make use of Unit Testing
- Save Time, Money, and Your Sanity: Coded UI Testing for the Windows Phone – Test Methods – Lori Lalonde continues with the 4th part of a series looking at the use of Coded UI tests to help make your testing of Windows Phone applications more efficient.
- Roslyn code base – performance lessons (part 1) – Matt Warren kicks off a series discussing the performance of the Roslyn code base, initially discussing the project aims, what is available, and the performance considerations
- Native Memory Diagnostic Tools for Visual Studio "14" CTP – Adam Welch of the Visual C++ Team discusses and takes a look at the evolution of the memory diagnostic tools initially released with VS 2013 Update 2, and being significantly improved in VS 14