- Announcing Update to Productivity Power Tools 2013 – The Visual Studio Team announce the release of an updated version of the Productivity Power Tools 2013 which addresses a number of customer reported issues along with the introduction of a new feature, Syntactic line compression, which shrinks blank lines to give a view containing more code.
- Code Lens for Git in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 3 – Jean-Marc Prieur discusses the support for Git within the Visual Studio Code Lens functionality as of the CTP1 release of Visual Studio 2013 Update 3
- .NET Memory Analysis: Go to Source in Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 – Andrew Chan, discusses another new feature which adds significantly ro the .NET Memory dump analysis features of Visual Studio added in the CTP 1 release of Update 3
- First NuGet package for SQLitePCL.raw – Eric Sink shares the first alpha release of SQLitePCL.raw libary as a NuGet Package, discussing a number of frequently asked questions and questions about support on different platforms.
- FsCheck 0.9.4 – Kurt Schelfthout announces a minor release update for FsCheck which enhances the hardening required for null generating string generators.
- .NET Native Deep Dive: Making Your Library Great & .NET Native Deep Dive: Optimizing with Runtime Directives – Morgan Brown continues his series taking an insiders look at the .NET Native features, exploring how you can make your library better by not using certain patterns which place additional burdens on the .NET Native facilities, and rounding out the series with a look at optimising by the use of Runtime directives in the final part.
- AppFabric OutputCaching – Pablo Cibraro takes a look at integrating AppFabric Caching with ASP.NET WebAPI
- Beginner’s Tutorial on Globalization and Localization in ASP.NET MVC – Rahul Rajat Singh shares an introduction to some of the things you need to consider and how to implement them when working on your ASP.NET MVC applications
- Building and running embedded Linux .NET applications from first principles – Alex J Lennon takes a step by step look at building an environment and running .NET applications on Linux.
- Leveraging C# Partial Classes and Methods in Windows Universal Apps – Jason Roberts takes a look at how partial classes and methods can be used to increase sharing of code between platforms but still be able to implement platform specific features.
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient: Seamlessly integrating T-SQL and F# in the same code – Dmitry Sevastianov and Dmitry Morozov take a look at performing data access in F# with an alternative way of implementing LINQ like behaviours
- TechEd Europe Registration is OPEN! – Eduardo Ortega highlights the dates and opening of registration for Tech Ed Europe, taking place in October in Spain. Early bird registration saves you 300 Euros, and runs until 7 July.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1616