- Mobile-first, Cloud-first Development – Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 released, Visual Studio Apache Cordova Tooling preview and the future of .NET for Cloud and Server – Somasegar shares the high level overview of the various DevDiv announcements from yesterday, including the release of Update 3 for Visual Studio 2013, improved cross platform support, new APIs, and updated frameworks.
- Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 is here! – Anthony Cangialosi and the Visual Studio Team go into further detail on the Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 Release
- Announcing new Web Features in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RTM – Xinyang Qiu focuses on the Web Development related aspects of the Visual Studio 2013 UPdate 2 Release.
- The Next Generation of .NET – ASP.NET vNext & Introducing ASP.NET vNext – THe .NET Framework Team and Scott Hanselman discuss the future of ASP.NET, along with highligihting some of the other recent releases and announcements
- Azure: VM Security Extensions, ExpressRoute GA, Reserved IPs, Internal Load Balancing, Multi Site-to-Site VPNs, Storage Import/Export GA, New SMB File Service, API Management, Hybrid Connection Service, Redis Cache, Remote Apps and more… – Scott Guthrie shares a substantial post outlining the new features and support in the latest Window Azure platform update released yesterday morning.
- Announcing ASP.NET Session State Provider for Redis Preview Release – Guang Yang announces a preview release of an ASP.NET Session State Provider which backs onto Redis, discussing the ideas behind it and also looking at how to go about using it.
- A new API for Visual Studio Online – Brian Harry shares the announcement of the new API for accessing Visual Studio online, and eventually TFS, which is based on REST, OAUTH, Json and Service Hooks.
- Huge News! Get Windows 8 and Windows Phone Controls for FREE for the Duration of TechEd 2014 – The folks over at Telerik are giving away free copies of their control library for building Windows Phone and Windows Store applications during TechEd
- News from the .NET World – Miguel de Icaza highlights some of the announcements from yesterday, and provides a useful decoding of what some the the more buzzwordy bits of the announcement actually mean in practice.
- Misadventures in immutability – Mostafa Elhemali discusses immutability, and how he finds himself going through an immutable ‘phase’ with development, along with discussing some of the complications of implementing applications using this style.
- What are the fundamental rules of pointers? – Eric Lippert goes back to basics and shares the high level, non-compiler specific rules of Pointers in C (and C#)
- RyuJIT CTP4: Now with more SIMD types, and better OS support! – Kevin Frei gives an update on the RyuJIT project, and the SIMD types implementation, along with highlighting the updated packages if you want to try things out.
- Enabling the .NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn") in ASP.NET applications – Damian Edwards takes a look at the use of the Compiler as a Service (Roslyn) within ASP.NET Applications, along with highlighting the CodeDOM providers for Roslyn Preview Release.
- Is TDD dead? [Part II] – The Date for the second TDD Debate webcast has been set (Friday 16th), and in case you missed the first part (And dislike video) Martin Fowler shares an Audio version of first "Is TDD Dead" Hangout –