- Missing EF Feature Workarounds: Cascade delete orphans – Jimmy Bogard takes a look at one of the gaps in Entity Framework, showing how its lack of cascade delete of orphans can be worked around.
- AngularJS Promises – The Definitive Guide – Dave Kerr shares a look at the use of promises in AngularJS, starting out with the basics before moving on to look at some more complicated cases of chaining and routing.
- The Larger Significance of the Royal TDD Rumble – Erik Dietrich highlights today’s webcast featuring Martin Fowler, Kent Beck and David Heinemeier Hansson discussing thier differing thoughts on Test Driven Development, sharing some background to the current topics of debate
- IIS SSL Certificate Renewal Pain – Rick Strahl discusses working with SSL Certificates in IIS, and the certificate renewal process, sharing his expereinces and best practices.
- Fixing System.Core 2.0.5 FileLoadException, Portable Libraries and Windows XP support – Scott Hanselman discusses the backporting of code to .NET 4 to allow support on Windows XP, and discusses some complications with Portable Class Libraries, along with looking at an alternative way of sharing code.
- Using Reactive Extensions (Rx) and Azure Service Bus for Centralizing Session Logging to Azure Table Storage at Scale – Martin Richard shares a look at combining the Azure Service Bus with Reactive Programming using the Reactive Extensions to work with logging events, and batch them up into Table Storage.
- Use Reactive Extensions to throttle TextChanged events and subscribe to search results – Loek van den Ouweland takes a look at the use of the Reactive Extensions too, this time working with events raised from a text box, using RX to control the flow of events and respond with search results.
- Business-Readable, Living Documentation with BDDfy – Jason Roberts takes a look at the use of BDDify to take the BDD style tests and produce documentation of the systems behaviour which is readable by non-technical staff.
- Ricky Leeks and learning about leaks in this .NET Memory Management article collection [Contact Info-ware] – Greg Duncan highlights a 6 part article series by Ricky Leeks (Michael B. McLaughlin, Chris Farrel, Nick Harrison et al.) hosted by the RedGate team, looking at common topics in Memory Management and Memory monitoring
- Speculations on Universal Windows Applications and beyond – Gunnar Peipman shares his thoughts on the future direction of Portable Class Libraries and Universal Windows Applications
- Redesigning the NuGet Websites – The NuGet Team share the news of their redesign, currently applied to the NuGet Blog, and share details of the goals and designs for the Gallery and documentation sites too.
- Getting Started with the Cloud – Every Day Next Week! – Planky highlights a Microsoft Azure Introductory session which will be webcast every day next week between 12:30 and 13:30 (UK), covering the basics of cloud infrastructure and how to get a website up and running on Azure.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1605