- Visual Studio Image Library updated, now includes VS 2013 style and is now over 10,000+ images – Greg Duncan highlights the latest update of the Visual Studio Image Library, a collection of over 10,000 images covering many of the stock image requirements for application development.
- ASP.NET 4.5.2 and EnableViewStateMac – .NET Web Development and Tools Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Levi Broderick discusses the changes to behaviour of EnableViewStateMac in ASP.NET 4.5.2 and how the setting is now ignored and the MAC is always enforced.
- F#25 : Active Patterns – Sacha Barber continues discussion of the F# language with a look at Active Patterns in F#
- Chess TDD 5: Bounded Collections of Moves – Erik Dietrich continues his video/screencast series looking at Test Driven Development with the construction of a real world Chess Application
- Why does my code not crash? – Eric Lippert takes a slight detour from the usual C# and focuses more on C++ in his latest instalment of the Ask the Bug Guys where he explores why undefined behaviour does not always result in a segefault / Access Violation.
- Projecting computed properties with LINQ and AutoMapper – Jimmy Bogard takes a look at the DelegateDecompiler project and looks at how it can be combined with AutoMapper to allow computed properties to be projected
- Thoughts on the Bait and Switch PCL Trick – Eric Sink follows on from Paul Betts article on Portable Class Libraries based on his experiences of working on a portable Class Library for SQLite.
- Happy Logging – Dan Roberts takes a look at logging, discussing and sharing an implementation of logging which makes him happy.
- What should I be looking for during Code Reviews? – Alexandre Brisebois shares some thoughts on things to look out for when reviewing code
- AngularJS and TypeScript –
Smart Devs User Group (Stretton Sugwas, England) – The Smart Devs UserGroup in Hereford are running a session on TypeScript and its use with AngularJS on the evening of Monday 12th May
- Hangout on TDD with Kent Beck and David Heinemeier Hansson – Martin Fowler, Kent Beck and David Heinemeier Hansson are going to be doing a series of Video hangouts discussing all things Test Driven Development, with the first occuring on Friday 9th May at 1am Eastern. recordings of the session will be available afterwards.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1604