- Visual Studio Image Library updated, now includes VS 2013 style and is now over 10,000+ images – Greg Duncan highlights the latest update of the Visual Studio Image Library, a collection of over 10,000 images covering many of the stock image requirements for application development.
- ASP.NET 4.5.2 and EnableViewStateMac – .NET Web Development and Tools Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Levi Broderick discusses the changes to behaviour of EnableViewStateMac in ASP.NET 4.5.2 and how the setting is now ignored and the MAC is always enforced.
- F#25 : Active Patterns – Sacha Barber continues discussion of the F# language with a look at Active Patterns in F#
- Chess TDD 5: Bounded Collections of Moves – Erik Dietrich continues his video/screencast series looking at Test Driven Development with the construction of a real world Chess Application
- Why does my code not crash? – Eric Lippert takes a slight detour from the usual C# and focuses more on C++ in his latest instalment of the Ask the Bug Guys where he explores why undefined behaviour does not always result in a segefault / Access Violation.
- Projecting computed properties with LINQ and AutoMapper – Jimmy Bogard takes a look at the DelegateDecompiler project and looks at how it can be combined with AutoMapper to allow computed properties to be projected
- Thoughts on the Bait and Switch PCL Trick – Eric Sink follows on from Paul Betts article on Portable Class Libraries based on his experiences of working on a portable Class Library for SQLite.
- Happy Logging – Dan Roberts takes a look at logging, discussing and sharing an implementation of logging which makes him happy.
- What should I be looking for during Code Reviews? – Alexandre Brisebois shares some thoughts on things to look out for when reviewing code
- AngularJS and TypeScript –
Smart Devs User Group (Stretton Sugwas, England) – The Smart Devs UserGroup in Hereford are running a session on TypeScript and its use with AngularJS on the evening of Monday 12th May
- Hangout on TDD with Kent Beck and David Heinemeier Hansson – Martin Fowler, Kent Beck and David Heinemeier Hansson are going to be doing a series of Video hangouts discussing all things Test Driven Development, with the first occuring on Friday 9th May at 1am Eastern. recordings of the session will be available afterwards.