- Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC: Windows Phone 8.1 Tools, Shared Projects and Universal Windows Apps – Somasegar shares the high level announcements from //Build2014, including significant developments for Windows App Development, the Release Candidate for Visual Studio 2013 Update 2, TFS 2013 Update 2 RTW, .NET Native and TypeScript 1.0 RTM
- Announcing new web features in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC – Xinyang Qiu shares the details of the Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 Release, focusing on the Web Development Features included,
- TFS 2013.2 (Update 2) Released – Brian Harry discusses the TFS 2013 Update 2 Release, giving an overview of the features included
- Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 (April Release) – The Official Visual Studio Site has full details of both the Visual Studio Update 2 and TFS Update 2 releases
- Announcing .NET Native Preview – Subramanian Ramaswamy and Andrew Pardoe of the .NET Team discuss .NET Native, and release the preview of this technology which allows you to write C# code, but gain much more of the performance of native code.
- Available Now: Preview of Project "Orleans" – Cloud Services at Scale – Niklas Gustafsson shares another preview from the .NET Team, a project which started out as a MS Research project which provides a straightforward approach to building distributed high-scale computing applications
- Announcing an updated version of Internet Explorer 11 – available on Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows Phone 8.1 – The Internet Explorer team announce a new version of Internet Explorer to be deployed acorss Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, on both phone and desktop
- Caliburn.Micro 2.0 Beta 2 – Rob Eisenberg shares the release of Caliburn.Micro Beta 2 which supports both the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK and Common Xaml UI, both new announcements at Build.
- Announcing TypeScript 1.0 – The TypeScript team make their announcement of the 1.0 RTM Release
- MSDN Magazine: April 2014 – The April Edition of MSDN Magazine is now available online
- F#13 : Pattern Matching – Sacha Barber continues his series looking at the F# language and features, exploring the interesting topic of pattern matching in this latest part.
- Windows/Phone 8. – Building for Both, Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3 – Mike Taulty takes a look at the newly announced Universal Windows Apps support, exploring step by step how this allows you to build applications for both phone and desktop
- BUILD 2014 day 1 Keynote recap – Laurent Duveau has a nice set of notes on the Build Keynote, providing links off to the various announcements.
- Happy 10th Channel 9 – Channel 9 Turns 10 – best wishes to all the team who have been involved over the years