- Introducing Bing Code Search for C# – The Visual Studio Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Ala Shiban highlights a new Visual Studio Dev Labs project which brings the power of Bing into the IDE providing code search inside the IDE, and using some of the Roslyn technology under the covers.
- Need a Bulk Solution Scoped Assembly Version Editor? AsmVer! – Greg Duncan highlights a useful little tool for updating the version numbers of multiple projects that are part of a solution – a viable alternative to a shared and linked assemblyinfo file, and ideal when you need different versions on different projects.
- Evergreen Browsers – Rob Eisenberg discusses what he considers to be the most significant feature of the latest crop of browsers, their auto update capability. Rob discusses how this is a significant feature, and considers how different the world would be if IE6 had had this ability.
- Does Garbage Collection Hurt? – Alois Kraus discusses the pain and performance and responsiveness problems which garbage collection can be at the root of, discussing techniques to help identify the problems,
- Segregate your code commits into tiny topical changes. – Jason Jarrett discusses the way you should structure your commits when working with source code control, explaining the reason for doing many small commits to ensure that your changes are clear.
- StructureMap 3 is gonna tell you what’s wrong and where it hurts – Jeremy D Miller discusses the diagnostic features of StructureMap 3, sharing a look at how it will help you identify problems in your configuration and setup in ways better than other Inversion of Control frameworks.