Microsoft Corporate News
- Satya Nadella – Microsoft’s (new) CEO – After months of debate and discussion in the media, we now know who it going to be taking Microsoft forward
- Microsoft appoints Scott Guthrie new Cloud & Enterprise chief – Also good news for Developers, it sounds like Scott Guthrie is going to be taking the new CEO’s old job
- Glimpse 1.8.2 released – Anthony van der Hoorn and the Glimpse team announce the release of version 1.8.2, enhancing the web forms support with databinding visualisations, the re-addition of the Server tab, along with a number of more minor changes and improvements across the various modules.
- Intro to Unit Testing 10: The Business Value of Unit Tests – Erik Dietrich continues his series discussing Unit Testing with a discussion of the business value introduced by tests, and the importance of having tests to support what the business is trying to do.
- Rendering ASP.NET content as PDF – Jimmy Bogard discusses the creation of PDFs from Web page content before looking at how you can hook such generation into the ASP.NET and MVC pipelines
- OWIN: Customizing the Web Server – Dino Esposito takes a ‘getting started’ look at the OWIN ‘platform’ discussing how it allows you to stand up a simple lightweight web based service on .NET and explores the use of Katana
- HTTP PUT or DELETE not allowed? Use X-HTTP-Method-Override for your REST Service with ASP.NET Web API – Scott Hanselman takes a look at overriding the actual HTTP method used using an additional header, and how to have ASP.NET Web API respond accordingly.
- Using Node.js To ETL Mongo Documents for Azure Table Storage – K.Scott Allen takes a look at using Node.JS to migrate documents from a MongoDB database to Windows Azure Table Storage
- Visual Studio Tips and Tricks: 5 great keyboard shortcuts – Susan Ibach shares another 5 Visual Studio keyboard shortcuts you may or may not already be aware of.
- Sheffield .NET User Group – The Sheffield .NET Usergroup are meeting tomorrow (Thursday 6th February) for a session from Grant Crofton on Machine learning. Registration is free, but required for this one
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1541