- New open source Portable Class Library for SQLite – MSOpenTech announce the release of a portable class library for SQLite, the embedded database technology, under an open source license, making it ever easier to support SQLite on a range of platforms.
- Released: Umbraco 7.0.3 – Hot on the heels of their 7.0.2 the Umbraco team announce the release of Umbraco 7.0.3 a small bugfix release addressing a number of reported issues.
- Windows Azure Storage: Introducing CORS – The Windows Azure Storage Team discusses CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing), looking at what it is used for, and how it is now supported for Windows Azure Storage, allowing you to use Azure Storage to host shared resources across domains.
- Deploying TWO websites to Windows Azure from one Git Repository – Scott Hanselman takes a look at how you can control what gets deployed to Azure when you make use of Git publication, and explores how you can have one repository which contains multiple websites, and have them both deployed on push.
- The Sixth Level of Code Generation – Kathleen Dollard follows on from a post from a while back where she discussed the 5 levels of Code Generation, sharing a look at what she considers to be a 6th level, derived from looking at applications in an orthogonal way
- How to become in polyglot in 5 hard steps. – Ryan Svihla discusses the notion of the polyglot programmer, and shares 5 tips / steps to becoming one
- Polyglot Survival Guide: Erlang, Haskell, and F# & Rebuilding Haskell in C#: Functors – If all that sounds a bit hard, Calvin Bottoms shares a useful translation between three different languages, along with taking a look at implementing the Haskell Functors functionality in C#.
- DDD South West 5 – The DDD Southwest series of conferences is set to return this year thanks to much reorganisation and effort by the committee. The event will take place at a new venue much more centrally in Bristol on 17th May.
- Release Management with Team Foundation Server 2013 –
Smart Devs User Group – The Smart Devs user group based in Herefordshire welcome Matteo Emili for a session on Continuous Integration with Team Foundation server on Monday 10th February
- Continuous deployment the Octopus way – Jimmy Bogard is visiting SkillsMatter for an ‘In the Brain’ session on Continuous Deployment using Octopus Deploy on Monday 10th February