- jQuery 1.11 and 2.1 Released – Slightly behind the curve with this announcement from last week, but it is singnifican, with two new versions of jQuery being released. I’ve seen reports that the content delivery networks and NuGet packages have been updated to reflect.
- Process Explorer v16.0 is out and now cooking with VirusTotal – Greg Duncan highlights the latest release of Process Explorer. Version 16 includes a new feature which provides verification that running progams are clean of viruses with the use of VirusTotal – a neat idea, especially when process monitor is such a common tool for investigating strange processes on your machine.
- Using .NET HttpClient to capture partial Responses – Rick Strahl looks at trying to make partial HTTP requests where he only reads some of the response, and controls the bandwidth used, exploring the best possible with HttpClient and moving on to look at a variety of other techniques.
- The Domain Discontinuity – ‘Uncle’ Bob Martin responds to the recent post from Justin Searls on teaching test driven development, and both disagrees and agrees with the content of the post, depending on which side of the Domain Discontinuity you stand upon.
- 10 Reasons Web Developers Should Learn Angular – Jeremy Likness gives 10 reasons why you as a web developer should take a look at AngularJS. Many of the reasons also apply to other frameworks which are similar, but all are good justification to give it a try.
- Developing Good Software is Damn Hard – Filip Ekberg discusses why the process of building good software is hard in his experiences
- From the MVPs: Copying a virtual machine from one Windows Azure subscription to another with PowerShell – Devon Musgrave shares a post from MVP Ido Flatow which takes a look at migrating a Virtual Machine from one Windows Azure subscription to another by the power of the Powershell management interface for Azure.
- URL Rewrite vs. Redirect; What’s the difference? – Scott Forsyth discusses the difference between URL Rewriting and Redirecting, sharing a useful table iterating the differences.
- Beginners Guide To Regression Testing – How to regress test a project – Geeta Rawat takes a look at the processes involved in regression testing an application, sharing a useful look into he tester discipline.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1537