- AliaSQL - the new name in automated database change management - Jeffrey Palermo highlights AliaSQL a new database change management library in the same vain as Tarantino. This library is available via NuGet and can be used as a relatively straight forward drop in for Tarantino
- CSLA 4 version 4.5.500 released - Rockford Lhotka announces the release of his CSLA 4 application framework version 4.5.500. This release includes Windows 8.1, Entity Framework 6, ASP.NET MVC 5 support, along with improved IoC features.
- REST WCF vs. WebAPI (throughput performance) - Kaduk Frantisek takes a look at the performance of WebAPI against WCF for an identical REST service implementation, testing the performance in a couple of different ways.
- Hosting a .NET DLL as an Out-Of-Process COM Server - Sasha Goldshtein discusses the reasons you might want to consider hosting a .NET DLL as a COM Server out of process, and looks at how to go about achieving this.
- Minty: Wrapping It Up - Rob Conery rounds out his series looking at the construction of a blog application in Node.JS
- BranchByAbstraction - Martin Fowler looks at a technique to support making large scale changes to a system whilst still being able to release the system regularly during the change work.
- Configure the IIS Application Initialization module - Benjamin Perkins walks through the setup of the IIS Application Initialization Module which provides a way of ensuring that your ASP.NET applications in IIS are alway up and running meaning your users shouldn’t encounter the dreaded application startup delay.
- January 27-31 is Windows Azure Week! - The Microsoft Press blog highlights a week full of free all day (US PST times) Windows Azure related events, taking place week commencing 27th January