- Just released Prism for the Windows Runtime on Windows 8.1 – Blaine Wastell announces the release of Prism for the Windows Runtime on Windows 8.1, the patterns and practices library and guidance for building MVVM applications for WinRT. This updated release also includes numerous new pieces of guidance and reference material.
- Duck Typing Is More Than Quackery – Eric Lippert kicked off some good discussion of Duck Typing last week, and in this post Phil Haack responds with further discussion of definition and how duck typing works in some dynamic languages.
- On Duck Typing & Is Duck Typing a Type System, or a Way of Thinking? – Glenn Block and John Atten also share their thoughts on Duck Typing.
- SkyLog: My first end-to-end example on programming by composition – Li Chen shares SkyLog, a log parsing library which Li Chen has used as an example of programming by composition which allows the parsing of logs from a variety of sources.
- ASP.NET Identity with the Entity Framework – K Scott Allen takes a look at how ASP.NET Identity makes use of Entity Framework to persist its information
- Semantics, Modules And Testing: Why (And How) I Test Internal Components, Not Private Methods – Derick Bailey discusses the principles of testing, sharing his approach of testing internal components of libraries rather than getting intimate with private methods.
- Small Basic Interpreter & Small Basic Parser – Phil Trelford takes a look at creating programming language parsers and intepreters using F#, exploring the implementation a Small Basic parser and Interpreter.
- Browser Downloads Suck – Paul Hammant discusses browser download capabilities and some of the new HTML5 improvements which may improve this area.