Another (very) late edition today, and as is Brew tradition there will be no edition on Wednesday 1st January (tomorrow). Also this year there will be no ‘year in review’ post, although I’ll probably link to some from elsewhere on Thursday.
- A Glimpse into Windows Azure & A new year’s present: introducing Glimpse plugins for Windows Azure - Maarten Balliauw highlights the release of a Glimpse Plugin for Windows Azure which brings various useful pieces of information back regarding the Windows Azure infrastructure your site is running on
- OWIN/Katana in-memory integration testing - Filip W takes a look at testing HTTP based services which sit on top of the OWIN framework (of which there are an ever growing number) allowing you to test them in memory.
- AngularJS - Part 8, More choice when testing - Gabriel Schenker continues his series looking at AngularJS development with a further look at testing Angular Applications, exploring the use of the testem test framework agnostic test runner.
- Portable databases: using SQLite with .NET & Portable databases (II): using SQLite with Entity Framework - Daniel Garcia takes a look at the use of the SQLite database engine win .NET Applications, exploring its native use, and then looking at using it with Entity Framework.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery For GitHub With TeamCity - Mehdi Khalili walks through in detail the process of setting up Team City with GitHub for continuous delivery of his Humanizer project.
- Visual Studio Installations: The 15 minutes you will never see again. Donâ€™t do it. Have Chocolatey do it for you. - Matt Wrock shows how the use of Chocolatey can make re-installation of your Visual Studio IDE a much less painful processes.
- Windows 8.1 on high DPI - Derek Fowler discusses his experiences of using Windows 8.1 on a High DPI machine, and some of the hurdles still to be overcome with applications for this type of screen resolution.