A short (and slightly late in the day) post Christmas edition today…but the good news is I now have internet connectivity at my new house, so things should be easier from now on in!
- Durandal Next Gen Sneak Peek and Herding Code Podcast - Rob Eisenberg shares a taste of what is to come in Durandal’s next major revision, including lots of neat features and embracing a number of ECMAScript 6 features.
- A Beginner’s Tutorial on ASP.NET WebApi Hosting(IIS Hosting and Self Hosting) - Rahul Rajat Singh takes a look at hosting ASP.NET WebAPI services in both IIS and in your own applications as self hosted
- A Custom Model Binder for Passing Complex Objects with Query Strings to Web API Methods - CodeProject - Shenwei Liu explores custom model binding in ASP.NET Web API, looking at binding complex objects from querystring data.
- Featured Articles: "Visual C#: Thread.Sleep vs. Task.Delay" and "Various Media Objects for Windows Phone and Their Roles" - Ed Price highlights two interesting articles, the first exploring two different ways of introducing delays into your application, and the second looking at the various media related classes on Windows Phone.
- How to run old but awesome games from the 90s on your new computer with DOSBox - Scott Hanselman takes a trip down memory lane, looking at getting old school PC games up and running on modern hardware (and operating systems) using DOSBox.