- Announcing preview of Microsoft.AspNet.Identity 2.0.0-alpha1 – The ASP.NET team announce the first alpha release of Microsoft.AspNet.Identity 2.0 as a preview NuGet package. This 2.0 release brings a whole host of new features including password reset, account confirmation and better ways of working with users in code.
- EF 6.1 Alpha 1 Available – Rowan Miller announces the first alpha release of Entity Framework 6.1, containing an initial couple of new features which the team are looking to get feedback on.
- Glimpse ASP.NET 1.7 Released – Cache Tab – Nik Molnar announce the 1.7 release of the Glimpse ASP.NET library which adds a new Cache tab giving information about the cache usage of the application. Also updated in this release are Glimpse.Core and Glimpse.MVC
- Updated license for September 2012 Roslyn preview available – MattGe gives a licensing update on the September 2012 Roslyn Preview, offering a new license which extends the old one past its expiry in January.
- Scott Hanselman’s 2014 Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows – Scott Hanselman has updated his epic Tools list, listing all the must have utilities and software that every self-respecting software developer should consider using. I’m also very flattered to see that The Morning Brew has again been included – thanks Scott.
- Updating ASP.NET applications from ASP.NET Identity 1.0 to 2.0.0-alpha1 – Pranav Rastogi takes a look at the Alpha release of ASP.NET Identity 2.0 and explores the upgrading of a project using 1.0 to the new alpha.
- ASP.NET Trends for 2014 – Darcy Lussier looks to the future and suggests areas for Web Developers (ASP.NET Developers) to focus on in the new year.
- Entity Framework and slow bulk INSERTs – Rick Strahl takes a look at Entity Framework’s bulk insert performance and looks at how to improve it.
- Killing memory usage with dynamically generated assemblies – Ben Emmett discusses an interesting memory leak which can occur in .NET applications when they use lots fo dynamically created assemblies, focusing on a case using the XML Serialiser.
- Proper Session/DbContext lifecycle management – Jimmy Bogard looks at the role of the Session/DBContext in object relational mappers, and discusses how they should be managed in your applications.