Update: Corrected today’s post number – looks like my backspaces I though were correcting the URL Slug actually ended up breaking the post title – I really must automate this bit of the process!
- Announcing TypeScript 0.9.5 – TypeScript – Jonathan Turner announces the release of TypeScript 0.9.5, a release focused on improving quality and stability with a huge number of community reported issues resolved, including crashes, memory and CPU leaks.
- The MS Open Tech Hub releases Rx 2.2 – The Interoperability @ Microsoft blog highlights the release of the Reactive Extensions 2.2 which includes further support for Windows Phone 8
- Releasing TouchDevelop for Android: a companion app to receive notifications – Nikolai Tillmann announces the release of TouchDevelop for Android. The application wraps the Touch Dvelop Web Application, and provides integration for native notifications giving a more full featured experience on the Android Platform.
- Windows Azure Tables: Introducing JSON – The Windows Azure Storage Team make the official announcement of their new support for JSON formatted data in the 2013-08-15 release, as an alternative to the OData AttomPub format.
- Working with 154 million records on Azure Table Storage – the story of "Have I been pwned?" – Troy Hunt discusses in depth his use of Windows Azure Table Storage for his new site ‘Have I been pwned?’, discussing the provisioning, use, data upload and querying performance of a large data set in the Table Storage service.
- AngularJS – Part 1 – Gabriel Schenker kicks off a series looking at AngularJS, starting out with the Hello World of Angular.
- Windows 8.1: Accounts, Settings, Authentication, Azure Mobile Services – Mike Taulty walks through the creation of a authenticated service based on top of the Windows Azure Mobile Services.
- Immutable Collections performance – Ayende compares the performance of the Immutable Collections Dictionary implementation with that of the standard dictionery
- Expandable IoC Container – Paulo Zemek explores the implementation of an Inversion of Control container from first principles for those times when you can’t take external dependencies, an shows that they don’t need to be as complex as people believe they are.
- Project "Orleans" on Windows Azure TUESDAY December 10th, 6.30-9.30pm in London – Planky highlights an event looking at Project Orleans with a talk from Kristofer Liljeblad which looks at its uses across a range of industries.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1501