Short edition today mostly due to the Thanksgiving caused shortage of posts ion my RSS reader this morning.
- Announcing the F# 3.1 Compiler/Library Code Drop (from the Visual F# Tools Team at Microsoft) - The F# Team announce the availability of a code drop release of the F# 3.1 Compiler and libraries, along with tests
- Accessing the Location header in a CORS-enabled AP - Aaron Powell shares a gotcha when working with CORS support in WebAPI, in that the number of headers returned by default is restricted somewhat, including the one he needed, location.
- NHibernate.RunFaster() secret toggle - Ayende shares a useful hint to help improve the performance of NHibernate solutions, applying a default batching size for all requests.
- Mixing Command and Transaction Script Patterns - Gunnar Peipman takes a look at the mixing of design patterns combining the Transaction Script pattern with the Command Pattern, sharing a real world example.
- Repository Pattern and Unit of Work with Entity Framework in ASP.NET MVC - Amir Hamza Md. Kayes shares a look at working with Entity Framework in ASP.NET MVC using the Unit of Work pattern and Repository pattern in this CodeProject article.
- NDC London - are you ready? - Sara Allison highlights the great speaker lineup from Microsoft at NDC London next week. A nice selection of sessions being delivered, and certainly some that will be well worth watching the recordings of (assuming they are made available as usual).