- Viasfora v1.1 Published // Winterdom - Tomas Restrepo shares the latest version of Viasfora, a Visual Studio extension which provides a number of capabilities not present in the core IDE. This release addresses issues with Visual Studio 2013 and adds a new feature, Rainbow Parentheses which colour each matching set of parentheses a different colour making matching them up easier.
- Visual Studio Updates - Survey - Phil Lee, a Program Manager on the Visual Studio team invites you to give feedback on the quarterly updates to Visual Studio in this short survey.
- Checking out the Helios IIS Owin Web Server Host - Rick Strahl highlights the Helios project, an OWIN Web Server host which sits directly on top of the IIS Native interfaces. In this post Rick takes a look at using it and how it performs.
- Debugging OWIN app or framework - .NET Web Development and Tools Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - Praburaj Thiagarajan takes a brief look at adding some error handling which reveals some debugging information using the Microsoft.Owin.Diagnostics package.
- Page Instrumentation in ASP.NET 4.5 - Imran Baloch explores the Page Instrumentation feature new in ASP.NET 4.5 which allows you to get some performance figures from various stages in your pages lifecycle.
- Why not use polling threads with ASP.NET web applications? - Gunnar Peipman takes a look at some of the considerations you need to make when considering using threads in an ASP.NET Application.
- Asynchronous action filters in ASP.NET Web API - FilipW takes a look at making actions filters asynchronous, exploring some concepts behind Async void and sharing an implementation of an action filter which is async.
- Node.js Development in Visual Studio - Life After Visual Node with Node Tools for Visual Studio
- Bart Read takes a look at the new Node.JS features for Visual Studio that he was involved in the development of.
- Building a Node.js Web Site on Windows Azure using Node.js Tools for Visual Studio - Shiju Varghese also explores this new capability, walking through the process of getting a simple web application up and running.
- Starting with a Node.js webserver - Marco Franssen goes a little lower level taking a more detailed look at building your first web server application in Node.