- Windows Azure: General Availability Release of BizTalk Services, Traffic Manager, Azure AD App Access + Xamarin support for Mobile Services & Announcing the General Availability of Biz Talk Services, Azure Active Directory and Traffic Manager, and Preview of Azure Active Directory Premium - Scott Guthrie and Steven Martin announce the latest raft of update to the Windows Azure Platform with the general availability of a number of services, along with a new preview of Azure Active Directory Premium.
- Introducing node.js Tools for Visual Studio & Node.js Tool for Visual Studio - Scott Hanselman and Shaun Xu highlight the new Visual Studio tooling for Node.JS making Node development in Visual Studio even easier, including package management with NPM, project structure support and debugging capabilities
- Umbraco - Umbraco 7 - Niels Hartvig and the Umbracco Team announce he release of Umbracco 7, the latest generation of this content management system, which has been 18 months in the making.
- Set process memory limit with Process Governor - Sebastian Solnica shares a useful looking utility which allows you to constrain memory of a process.
- How to massively improve SQLite Performance (using SqlWinRT) - Andy Wigley takes a look at a number of scenarios where SQLite performance can be optimised, sharing a sample project to illustrate the concepts.
- Visual Studio 2013 ‘Could not evaluate Expression’ Debugger Abnormality - Rick Strahl takes a look at a change in the debugger in Visual Studio 2013 which caused him problems debugging older WebForms applications, highlight a solution via enabling the Managed Compatibility Mode on the debugger.
- Azure Bootcamp (UK): Building out Windows Azure Infrastructures and Services (Saturday, 14th December 2013, Central London) - Planky highlights an all day Windows Azure event running in London from the UK Windows Azure User Group. The event takes place on Saturday 14th December at The Hub Westminster. Registration is required.