- Visual Studio 2013 and Windows 8.1 SDK RTM are now available - Chuck Walbourn has a useful collection of links and information relating to last week’s significant Microsoft releases of Windows 8.1, Visual Studio 2013 and the Windows 8.1 SDK
- First Prism for Windows 8.1 drop available on Codeplex - Blaine Wastell announces the first release of Prism for Windows 8.1, the Patterns and Practices framework for building line of business applications for Windows Store.
- Windows Azure: Announcing Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 + Some Nice Price Cuts &Announcing Availability of Windows Server 2012 R2 in Azure Image Gallery & Reduced Instance Pricing for Windows Azure - Scott Guthrie and Steve Martin announce the availability of Windows 2012R2 images in the Azure Image Gallery, support for .NET 4.5.1 in cloud services, along with some significant price reductions on certain Virtual Machine sizes.
- IE10 and IE11 and Windows 8.1 and __doPostBack - Scott Hanselman reminds us of the problems with browser user agent sniffing to determine functionality, and highlights the various fixes for the ASP.NET framework which address issues detecting Internet Explorer 10 and 11.
- SCREENCASTS: What’s New in Visual Studio 2013 - learn over lunch! - Scott Hanselman also shares a collection of short videos giving an introduction to some of the new and exciting features in Visual Studio 2013 for web developers.
- Upgrading Windows 8 boot to VHD to Windows 8.1 - Step by step guide - Liam Westley takes a look at the somewhat more involved than you might think process of upgrading to Windows 8.1 when you make use of Virtual Disk Installation (Boot to VHD), walking through the process of upgrading he managed to use.
- Hijacking ASP.NET Sessions - Ricardo Peres takes a look at how you can access session information from another session within an ASP.NET application
- Git network operations in Visual Studio 2013 - P. Kelley takes a look at some of the networking considerations behind the Git functionality included in Visual Studio 2013, looking at the transports supported and authentication.
- Attribute Routing in ASP.NET MVC 5 - Ken Egozi takes a detailed look at the Attribute Based Routing feature of ASP.NET MVC 5, one of the much requested features added in this release.
- The Promise of Polygot Programming on .Net - Phil Trelford discusses the role of the .NET CLR in enabling Polyglot programming in the .NET world discussing some of the languages, and how you can introduce different programming paradigms like Functional Programming on the same platform.
- NxtGenUG - Event - Windows 8.1 - Developers - The Coventry NxtGen Usergroup restart activities on the evening of Thursday 14th November where Gil Cleeren will be visiting with a look at the new goodness for developers in Windows 8.1