- SQL Server 2014 | Microsoft – The Second Community Technology Preview (CTP) release of SQL Server 2014 is now available for download
- NuGet is a .NET framework release vehicle – Alok Shriram of the .NET Team discusses how NuGet provides a great mechanism for the .NET team to release components of the .NET Framework, along with providing means to get preview releases out so they can get feedback. Its great to see the original aim of NuGet being embraced by such a significant part of the development platform.
- Package Restore and Consent Changes – Howard Dierking gives a reminder about the NuGet Package Restore Consent changes in NuGet 2.7, highlighting a known issue with Visual Studio 2013.
- .NET Memory Analysis Enhancements in Visual Studio 2013 – Andrew B Hall looks at further enhancements to the Visual Studio 2013 tooling for Memory Analysis of .NET processes included in the RTM release of Visual Studio 2013
- Switching to Managed Compatibility Mode in Visual Studio 2013 – Andrew Chan highlights the Managed Compatibility Mode for the Visual Studio Debugger which allows you to switch back to the old debugging engine if you need any of the feature which have not made their way into the new and improved debugging engine used by Visual Studio 2013 by default.
- Opening 64-bit Dumps of 32-bit Processes in Visual Studio 2013 &.NET Remote Symbol Loading Changes in Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 – Andrew Chan highlights the relaxing of a limitation on loading 64bit memory dumps taken with task manager, something which is now possible in VS 2013, and also discusses the changes to remote symbol loading behaviour when performing remote debugging.
- AngularJS vs Knockout – SPA Routing/History (8 of 9) – Eli Weinstock-Herman continues with his now extended series looking at the differences and similarities between Knockout and Angular. In this part Eli explores the enabling technology for Single Page applications in the form of routing and URL history suppport.
- Free Book from Microsoft – Testing for Continuous Delivery with Visual Studio 2012 – Tatworth highlights a free book from the Patterns and Practices team looking at the role of testing in Continuous Delivery, and looking at how Visual Studio 2012 features help with this process. The book is available to read online or as a free ebook download in PDF and ePUB format (and a printed copy is available for purchase too)
- 40 inappropriate actions to take against an unlocked PC – Troy Hunt reminds us that security begins with the basics by providing a list of amusing (and some less amusing if you are the victim) things that can be done to an unlocked PC (and a few for locked machines too).
- The somewhat super secret MSDN docs on EF6 – Julie Lerman highlights a number of somewhat hidden resources for Entity Framework 6 available on the MSDN site